Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lid for Large Big Green Egg

Any ideas?  Will appreciate being directed to seller.

Comments

• craigs list maybe
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Craig’s List. Should be easy to sell dome.
    where are you located?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Thx--have ad running Craigs, but no responses.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Things like lids exist, but they are hard to find, especially if you need them.
    Patience is the key. Just make it a habit to search craigslist. Making use of one of the websites that search craigslist over the entire country will increase your odds of finding what you seek.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Being one who had a gravity-induced CF with a LBGE a few weeks ago, it may take some time to find.  I can tell you in the L'ville area a new dome is $220 and and new band set is... and a new fire box is...and the ring and base escaped.  B) FWIW-  Good luck!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dome? I bought a new one from my dealer for $200 for a large egg. Has a warranty that way too. 
  • Photo Egg
    Dome? I bought a new one from my dealer for $200 for a large egg. Has a warranty that way too. 
    Domes, historically, don’t break very often unless they get dumped out of the bands. Not a warranty coverage. I would not hesitate to buy a used dome.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    @Photo Egg - mine was no band dump but a whole CF with the BGE.  400*F fire in the LBGE and trying to shut the lower vent to enhance the air flow (dome open) spreading for a paella cook.  As I closed in on the last 1/4" of closure the track offered some substantial resistance.  While trying to over-power the resistance with the dome open, away it went.  Base landed in the heavily mulched flower bed.  Saved that and the ring-fire box already had many cracks and did not make it as well as the dome.
    Most expensive paella cook I have ever under-taken.  Pressed the SBGE into service and with the 15.5 inch paella pan managed to get it across the finish-line only around 5 minutes beyond the target time.
    Did grab the close aboard fire hose to put out the lava fire.  What a cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    lousubcap said:
    @Photo Egg - mine was no band dump but a whole CF with the BGE.  400*F fire in the LBGE and trying to shut the lower vent to enhance the air flow (dome open) spreading for a paella cook.  As I closed in on the last 1/4" of closure the track offered some substantial resistance.  While trying to over-power the resistance with the dome open, away it went.  Base landed in the heavily mulched flower bed.  Saved that and the ring-fire box already had many cracks and did not make it as well as the dome.
    Most expensive paella cook I have ever under-taken.  Pressed the SBGE into service and with the 15.5 inch paella pan managed to get it across the finish-line only around 5 minutes beyond the target time.
    Did grab the close aboard fire hose to put out the lava fire.  What a cook!
    I remember the post of this cook.
    Awesome recovery by a true Pro!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg said:
    Dome? I bought a new one from my dealer for $200 for a large egg. Has a warranty that way too. 
    Domes, historically, don’t break very often unless they get dumped out of the bands. Not a warranty coverage. I would not hesitate to buy a used dome.
    agreed.  suggested as not many people selling just a dome, but it happens.  the cost for me was small enough not to wait around.  I posted an ad looking to buy one for a long time.  I finally gave in and bought one from the dealer.  Warranty is just a nice side benefit for it.