Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: I mean really OT: how many here have been a devoted "ThisOldHouse" viewer?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
The title has already said it.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Will they come and paint my house?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    0.  I prefer rehab addict. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I'm a fan of Norm Abram. Less so of the other cast members. The show just wasn't the same after Bob Vila left.
    I do catch an occasional episode if it is about something that I find interesting.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    I've been a viewer since they first aired.

I've gotten quite a number of ideas for my homes over the years and appreciate the show.

While I don't know what's ailing Roger Cook, I wish him a speedy recovery.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    I watched many of the shows in the early years. I remember when Vila
    sold a house to the guy who played Mindy's dad on Mork and Mindy. There were many problems with the house, so the new owner sued Vila. In court Vila said that he didn't know about all that kind of stuff, that he was simply a host of a TV show.
  • RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    Yes, We still get reruns
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • trip150
    trip150 Posts: 55
    Options
    Probably one of my favorite shows
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Long time viewer.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I like Tom Silva and, of course, Norm Abram.  I miss the New Yankee Workshop show.  With Norm kinda scaling back, I find myself watching less of TOH.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Used to really look forward to it every Saturday, back in the new homeowner days. Generated a lot of project ideas and motivation for us. Lost interest when they just continuously focused on the 0.1% audience. Being a DIYer, I don't appreciate 'checkbook remodelers' who think they've accomplished something when all they've done is spend a lot of money. The remodeling days are behind me, thankfully, so those types of shows don't do it for me anymore.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    One of my favorites. I like Kevin more than the previous hosts (Bob and Steve seemed kind of arrogant). I actually toured one of their completed projects when I lived in MA.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    I like Tom Silva and, of course, Norm Abram.  I miss the New Yankee Workshop show.  With Norm kinda scaling back, I find myself watching less of TOH.
    Once I found New Yankee Workshop I quit watching TOH.  When I bought my first house I learned so much from Norms show on woodworking skills and ideas.  Finally got tired of constantly fixing broken stuff and upgrading I sold the house and moved into a newer one(s).
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I used to watch if often.  Not so much since kids came along.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options

Me too! I received this shirt the last time I re-upped my TOH magazine subscription. I've worn it a few times when I've been shopping at Lowes, Home Depot and Menard's. I've been stopped at least 3 times by 2 guys and 1 woman.

Then once years ago when ACE was a big supporter of Norm's shop he was at the grand opening of a new ACE here in IL. I took along the plans I bought online for a desk that Norm featured in his show. Cool getting his autograph on those plans. He was just the same as on the show - just "fannel shirt Joe average" who likes to build things.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.