Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dasturdly Dog, Ate the Meat right off the counter!

2»

Comments

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    atleast your dog didnt steal the peking duck from your neighbors house during the chinese moon festival.  been a few years now and im still hearing about that
    He’s lucky he made it out alive...
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    We had a lab that was an absolute dumpster. Whole sticks of butter, entire pound cakes, tubs of sour cream, etc. His best fear by far was when my mom made 36 chocolate cupcakes for my little brother’s birthday at school. She took us upstairs to get ready for school and he went to work on the cupcakes. Ate all 36 in less than 5 minutes. Wrappers and all. I remember wondering if he’d still be alive when we got home from school. Especially after my mom screamed “if I knew number 37 would kill him, I’d make it right now!”
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    We have a 5lb Maltese inside. She once ate 11 out of the 12 ABT’s that I had made one night. I was pretty mad but worried for her at the same time. She made it out ok. I’m more careful now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    And my dog is about a foot away from my chewing on the last stub of the beef rib he snatched.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    had a german shepard dog years ago that was different. used to leave him on rustic wilderness camping sites and fish the day and come back 6 to 8 hours later. i would put a piece of summer sausage or pepperoni or whatever on a rock and tell him its mine.  he would stare at that for hours til i returned and told him to take it. miss that dog
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    MacPa said:

My dog, less than 6 month old, once grabbed a burger from my Grandsons plate. The next day I came home with a fresh bottle of hot sauce. After making another burger I doused it with 1/3 of the bottle and put the plate in the same place my Grandson left his. In no time the pup devoured the burger, after 5 minutes of licking her face she came back to the plate to clean up the hot sauce that was left.
    I have since found that Grannics Bitter Apple works
    LOL!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited June 2019
    I like dogs but I don’t trust them. They are pretty sneaky. Give a dog an inch and they’ll take a hundred miles. 

Years ago my German Shorthair would take his pills. Hold them in his mouth for 5-10 minutes and then casually spit them out in the guest bedroom behind the bed. #lilbastard
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    I had a Keeshond that once stole the LAST piece of pizza I was counting on eating.  Caught her with it in her mouth and running for cover.  You know it - I pried those jaws open and made her watch me eat it.
  • I was up at 2am pulling my brisket off the egg.  Left it on a plate next to the BGE while I went in to get something.  By the time I got back my great Pyrenees had eaten about a third of it!  Ironically the dogs name is Brisket.  I also had a dog that was named Barbecue.  My other dog is Chops.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Ol’ Yeller was put down for less. Just saying. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    had a german shepard dog years ago that was different. used to leave him on rustic wilderness camping sites and fish the day and come back 6 to 8 hours later. i would put a piece of summer sausage or pepperoni or whatever on a rock and tell him its mine.  he would stare at that for hours til i returned and told him to take it. miss that dog

Not my shepherd. Made a dagwood sandwich, cut in half. Put it on the coffee table to grab a beverage from the basement fridge. Door to it was right in front of me and 5 steps down. Looked directly at her and said ‘don’t even think about it’! Take the steps 2 at a time down, pop around the corner , grab a beverage and take steps up 2 at a time. Seconds I tell ya...7 at the most. Half was gone!! I’m still amazed she pulled that off. Miss her too!