Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL

Options
Got a great deal from my local dealer and added an XL.  Monday the CGS XL Woo Adjustable Rig Combo arrives. Until then, can only cook direct. Been looking for a long time for a larger size.  Considered Big Joe also. I even went to KJ and looked at warehouse sale. Got what I wanted for a better price w BGE and I have several good dealers around me. The medium I already have was just too small when I had company. Been cooking on a green egg for 20  plus years. I know I’ll enjoy the XL. Here is the new addition and a family picture. 

XL BGE, Medium BGE, Traeger

Comments

• Calmdowneight
    Options
     That’s nice! Great dealing!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    You're going to absolutely love it!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Old school nest on the medium!!  My parents use that for a plant now.

Old non-spring style bands too......but the dome and base is the newer dimple style??  Were they replaced under warranty at some point?
  • BAmaniac
    BAmaniac Posts: 12
    Options
    You are VERY OBSERVANT!  Yes, had medium egg for 20+ years ago. Firebox and fire ring cracked and when those parts were replaced under warranty (about 4-5 months ago) the fire ring wouldn’t fit in the old bge base. Old base was narrower inside than new base. BGE replaced both top and bottom under warranty. I haven’t gotten around to replacing bands. BGE’s warranty is amazing. That was also a big reason why I wanted to stay with BGE. Still have the old base and top. Not sure what to do with them! 

XL BGE, Medium BGE, Traeger

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Congrats and welcome, nice family you got there. XL and Med is a great combo, Traeger is the icing.
    canuckland
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    BAmaniac said:
    You are VERY OBSERVANT!  Yes, had medium egg for 20+ years ago. Firebox and fire ring cracked and when those parts were replaced under warranty (about 4-5 months ago) the fire ring wouldn’t fit in the old bge base. Old base was narrower inside than new base. BGE replaced both top and bottom under warranty. I haven’t gotten around to replacing bands. BGE’s warranty is amazing. That was also a big reason why I wanted to stay with BGE. Still have the old base and top. Not sure what to do with them! 
    Ha!  I had the same thing happen.  My distributors rep finally had to come look at the thing because they couldn't figure out how the firebox and ring wouldn't fit.  In the meantime, I put the old ceramic fire grate flat on the bottom of the base, then set the firebox on top of that.  It raised it up enough so it would fit.  Eventually they sent me a new base, but I don't think I got a dome out of it.  So it was mismatched.