Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Genius / Flameboss question

Options
I recently took the plunge for an Egg Genius and I am really impressed with the device. One thing that I have not been able to figure out is the pit alarm function. I see how to set the alarm, and I can have it text me or display a push notification if the pit is out of range but I would really like a louder alarm. If I am sound asleep on an over night cook the push/text notification will not wake me. 

Is there way to get a louder alarm option on the FlameBoss app?

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    Make your text notification louder and change it back after the cook.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Sometimes on your phone, you can set certain contacts to have different rings or notification.  If your phone doesn't do this, you can download an app.  Or if you're relying on the FB app, just make sure you have the notification sound turned all the way up.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    You could get an amp and set of computer speakers and hook them up to your phone's headset jack, and then turn them all the way up.
    NOLA
  • Jclayto
    Jclayto Posts: 27
    Options
    Great idea on the custom notification sound!  

I really love the device and have had rock solid temp control so hopefully no need to worry. 

If anyone from FB is watching - I think adding a "last updated" time stamp to the app during a cook would be useful to allow users to instantly see the last time the app refreshed temp info from the cloud. 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    if you have an iphone, you can set contacts to emergency bypass also so if you use do not disturb overnight, the flameboss will bypass that and will always make sure you hear it.  Flameboss always notifies you with the same number so save it as a contact and change the text tone for it like above to the same as your alarm.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    if you have an iphone, you can set contacts to emergency bypass also so if you use do not disturb overnight, the flameboss will bypass that and will always make sure you hear it.  Flameboss always notifies you with the same number so save it as a contact and change the text tone for it like above to the same as your alarm.
    On android you set those numbers to "Favorites" then say in the settings that the favorites bypass the DND........at least on my phone that's how I did it.
  • Jclayto
    Jclayto Posts: 27
    Options
    great ideas and will set that up for tonights cook. I don't bother with DND, work requires me to be reachable 24/7 but I do tend to sleep through the standard single text notification sound on my iPhone. I will look for a more annoying sound for that contact. 

The good news is that I have zero reason to expect a major fluctuation with pit temp from what I have seen so far with the new controller. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    I have never had a pit alarm since using mine.  My FB 300 does its job remarkably well!