Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens Texas Eggfest, starting to pack

Options
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I am coming one year....conflicting with the Blast this year. Have a great time.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options

Don't forget your camera! Expecting plenty pf pics

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I don’t see any Jell-O shots...

Bummed to be missing this yet again. Definitely one of the best fests we’ve attended.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Probably a good choice, don't blame you, but would be great to cook with you in Athens in the future.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2019
    Options

Please say hello for me Darian. We will be watching my younger granddaughter in Frisco so my daughter can go to A&M to visit my older granddaughter (Grace, the one you did the camera) for parents weekend. Man they grow up fast.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Options

Anyone with experiece using DP Ghost...to make it palatable on wing for an Eggfest, how light should I go?

Or put it on heavy and watch them turn red?

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

I enjoy putting it on heavy but I really enjoy it hot. You could put it on heavy if you serve ranch dressing with it. (I do not like ranch) Good luck!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Photo Egg I have used it a lot. It is really not that hot. I use it like all the other rubs I use on wings. I like to see it on the wings. If your using a sauce after pulling it will be perfect. If not sauce still ok. I think rub and sauce add different layers of heat and flavor. It has another layer of heat and I like the taste. If you like your wings to give you a little kick you will love this stuff.

Can't wait for the after party Lamb Chops.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Photo Egg
    edited April 2019
    Options

Perfect, right in line with @EGGjlmh

I'm not going to sauce anything. Want people to taste just the spice. Thanks @Nature Boy for the 2 bottles of rub. I will do my best to do them justice. Even have my trusty DP Eggfest hat ready to go.

My Eggfest cooks this year are going to be scaled back, easy cooks. I normally take off the Thursday before to prep food all day. My coworker, bless his heart, is stable and recovering from a heart attack he suffered 8 days ago. They added 4 stents and he is recovering well. We are only a 2 man office and I'm lucky to be able to shut down Friday to travel to Athens. Not sure about lamb pops this time. Just happy to make the fest and hope the weather holds out.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas