Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe at Lowes $749

Options
Has anyone else seen this? Is there something I am missing?

Lowe's currently has them in stock, comes with all the accessories and goodies for $749. Between coupons I could get the grill for $575.

MBGE

36" Blackstone Griddle

Ft. Myers, FL

Comments

• tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    The only thing sticking out to me is the one on the left us a classic Joe, but the measurement in the description is for the big joe.
    Otherwise, it makes sense. That is the classic 2 model on the right vs the classic 3 model on the left. Different hinge, different vent cap. But still a good deal.
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    No thanks.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    @meatman1 Coupons?  would be good gift for brother 
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • meatman1
    meatman1 Posts: 5
    Options
    @kdink our Lowes here has a $100 off promotion as well as I have another 10%
    MBGE

36" Blackstone Griddle

Ft. Myers, FL
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The only thing sticking out to me is the one on the left us a classic Joe, but the measurement in the description is for the big joe.
    Otherwise, it makes sense. That is the classic 2 model on the right vs the classic 3 model on the left. Different hinge, different vent cap. But still a good deal.
    yeh, not quite right.....that's the Classic and Classic 2. Only Classic 2  big upgrade in $750 classic is multi-piece firebox. 

both 18" cooking grid, same as large egg

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • meatman1
    meatman1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Appreciate the input, maybe I'll just keep holding out for the XL. Thought for under $600 might not be a bad grab.
    MBGE

36" Blackstone Griddle

Ft. Myers, FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    .....what Tom said.  Gen1 vs. Gen2

Btw, the gen3's just came out.   Got 2 dozen of them arriving in Tuesday.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @stlcharcoal I’m excited to see how well the new cooking system works in it.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Wrong color... I powder coated my patio furniture BGE green, and I would hate to have to redo it.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Any takers on the life-time of this thread??  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    We have 2 KJs and love them.  Chef Norah Grace has a classic 1 and a Joe JR.  For under $600 I’d buy it 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    .....what Tom said.  Gen1 vs. Gen2

Btw, the gen3's just came out.   Got 2 dozen of them arriving in Tuesday.
    You guys are right. There is a model between gen 1 and gen 2 though that comes with the plastic side tables and the divide and conquer system. Classic 1.5 if you will :)
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    I sold my KJ Classic and upgraded to my XL to gain room.  If I were doing it again, would prefer a large oval (Primo), and never look back.