Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Build

Options
Had a couple days off work and my little "helpers" weren't home so I thought it was time to build that much needed table for my XL.  Wanted to keep it basic but be able to add a few things later (towel rack, hooks, bottle openers, etc).  Stained it and after that dried I put a couple coats of poly on it to help keep Mother Nature off it.  Got it sitting in the sun drying.  Now looking for volunteers to help put the Egg over in it.  I pay in beer and food.  B)

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Can you take a recommendation or two without being pissed? The XL is one heavy egg and it appears the boards it will be resting on are merely 3/4" and they appear to be pine. They will warp from all of that weight so bracing before putting your XL in there would be easier to do now rather than later. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WVsmokin
    WVsmokin Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the input!  I am no carpenter by any means and all suggestions are welcome.  I do have a brace that you can't see that runs lengthwise under the bottom shelf.  I plan to make a couple 2x4 braces to put vertical under the spot the XL sits on to help out. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Remember the air gap! looks good!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Cjtamu
    Cjtamu Posts: 22
    Options
    Good looking table. +1 on having solid braces beneath it. And put it on a table nest, especially if you do high temp cooks. IKEA sells towel bars for which you can buy hooks. I went that route so I didn’t have to choose between bars or hooks!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Definitely handy to be able to design and build in the narrow window you had.  Nice work.  And another endorsement for the air gap as noted by @alaskanassasin.  Too many (>0) fires from wood tables and BGE's.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Great looking work! Gotta admit I was hoping for a gratuitous bikini pic or something. 😂