Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Patrick's smoke.

Options
cajunrph
cajunrph Posts: 162
edited March 2019 in EggHead Forum
Started off with some Wings and Chicken thighs seasoned with a homemade All purpose rub. 4:2:1:1 Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder with a tad or parsley flakes. Too much salt so I'll back it down next time. Next up are Ribs Turbo style. In the same cooler as the ribs HEB had some Corned beef. I figured what the heck so on it went. I didn't find much on Turbo style smoked Corned beef so I'm gonna find out how it goes. I'll cook till an internal of 140ish. Maybe higher. Cooking it till 190 makes pastrami. Well see. Hickory is the wood of choice today. Anyone want to give advice on the cook I'm all ears .
LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas 

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Boom! 💥 💥 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks like you’re planning on feeding a big crew!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Dia de Muertos is in October.  I like the skull in the background. Nice looking cook.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • cajunrph
    Options
    @td66snrf, my girlfriend got it because she thought it went with a Harley type scene. Haha. It lives on the back porch till October. 
    LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas 

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    cajunrph Looks like you are making a meal fit for royalty.  Just some advice on the cook.  Since pastrami is essentially smoked corn beef, and that's what you are doing, you may as well take that route.  You might want to cook the smoked corned beef until it's tender, which most likely will be at a higher internal temp than 190.  Or cook it until it is 165F and then steam it until its tender.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • cajunrph
    Options
    It's already at 145 now. My son won't eat it anyway. I'll cook till tender. Thanks for the input as I'm winging it anyway. 

LBC, Texas 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Your prolly looking at a temp of 203ish.  Start checking mid 190s. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • cajunrph
    Options
    206 and almost there. 

LBC, Texas 

• cajunrph
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I was disappointed with the outcome. I had to get my son back to his mother so I pulled it early. I thought corned beef was just the flat. This one had flat and point. If I ever get enough room in my fridge I'll brine the flat next time. 

LBC, Texas 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    nice work
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95