Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Link to Article - Girl Failed To Grill Burgers

Options
Young woman does a great job documenting how much trouble she has trying to grill hamburgers.  We've all been down the fail road so enjoy the laugh.

https://www.boredpanda.com/girl-try-bbq-first-time-fail/
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Thats some real life right there...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks.  Made my morning.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    thats pretty sad
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Friend of the family didn't understand why her chicken salad didn't turn out quite right.......then realized she was supposed to start with COOKED chicken breasts. SOme people shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen.  BLEH!!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Friend of the family didn't understand why her chicken salad didn't turn out quite right.......then realized she was supposed to start with COOKED chicken breasts. BLEH!!!!
    friends daughter cooked a ham with the plastic wrapper on =) will give her points though, next day she filleted up a 20 pound striper
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Funny stuff. The hot dog buns killed me.
    I doubt that my first time grilling went much better.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Friend of the family didn't understand why her chicken salad didn't turn out quite right.......then realized she was supposed to start with COOKED chicken breasts. SOme people shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen.  BLEH!!!!
    Thanks, you just saved me $5 since I am no longer interested in the breakfast burrito I was about to get.

Question - how did she find out she did it wrong?  Did others eat it and tell her?  She tried it and realized it?  
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Just cut the burger in half and stack it side by side in the hot dog bun. Burger dogs! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Thanks, you just saved me $5 since I am no longer interested in the breakfast burrito I was about to get.

Question - how did she find out she did it wrong?  Did others eat it and tell her?  She tried it and realized it?  
    she tried to serve it but fortunately the first person to dish some up noticed a "weird consistency".  True story.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WesJohnson
    Options
    Women can't drive, lol. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    You have a grill???

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    HeavyG said:
    You have a grill???
    Yep, a proud owner of a George Foreman!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    JRWhitee said:
    HeavyG said:
    You have a grill???
    Yep, a proud owner of a George Foreman!!
    theres still time to document your first
    fukahwee maine

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Cornholio said:

she tried to serve it but fortunately the first person to dish some up noticed a "weird consistency".  True story.
    That is just downright awful.  I’d rather eat at the guys house who washes chicken wings with dish soap.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Many years ago, a bunch of folks I knew were rooming at a big old house that had 6 bedrooms. Often, they had a house meal on Sat. evening.

I went over once, hoping there was a spare seat at the table. I immediately noticed a really nasty odor in the house.

2 friends of one of the residents, girls, had been allowed to crash on the couches for a few nites. One of the guys living there came back w. a couple of ducks he had shot that morning. In order to show their gratitude for having a place to stay for free, they offered to roast the birds. The house was otherwise empty except for them during the afternoon. When people started returning from shopping, the noticed an unpleasant odor that only got worse.

Seems the gals didn't know the birds needed to be gutted before being stuck in the oven. So the insides blew out, and baked onto the oven. At least the birds had been plucked.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    One of my first grilling adventures , about 20yrs ago, was  almost exactly the same setup... Weber Smokey Joe on the apartment balcony, lighter fluid, etc.

Fire's  out AGAIN?? Moar lighter fluid!! The burgers that were not charred to death were barely edible. Like taking swigs of lighter fluid. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    caliking said:
    One of my first grilling adventures , about 20yrs ago, was  almost exactly the same setup... Weber Smokey Joe on the apartment balcony, lighter fluid, etc.

Fire's  out AGAIN?? Moar lighter fluid!! The burgers that were not charred to death were barely edible. Like taking swigs of lighter fluid. 
    Sadly I think thats a Grocery/ C Store model so not even Smokey Joe.

I also started out with a Smokey Joe- my dad had the kettle and I just figured thats what you used.  I lived in apt and would go out in grass lit my grill, cook, cool it down, empty ashes in dumpster, wrap the grill in a trash bag and put back in my pantry.  That little grill can cook though.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    caliking said:

Sadly I think thats a Grocery/ C Store model so not even Smokey Joe.

I also started out with a Smokey Joe- my dad had the kettle and I just figured thats what you used.  I lived in apt and would go out in grass lit my grill, cook, cool it down, empty ashes in dumpster, wrap the grill in a trash bag and put back in my pantry.  That little grill can cook though.
    I was not nearly as sensible back then. And only marginally so now :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    First time I tried smoking asparagus on a home depot offset (pre interwebz), I thought black smoke was the key.  Kept fire choked and sputtering and top vent closed to maximize smoke flavor.

Tasted like eating a cigarette butt.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    To that poor girl's credit, how many of us here have had the spatula blade unattach from its handle, mid-cook?  :tired_face:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.