Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

superbowl plans

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm doing some Georgia Red Wings, possible some Magnum Loads and ABTs as well. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    Since the Saints got cheated, and Brady's a damn cheater, I don't see the point.

I agree as does the rest of the world.....The Saints got cheated. What a shame for Payton's bounty hunters. 

On the other hand, a few years ago, one of Brady's footballs (the one that was in the possession of the Colts) was found to be deflated by a couple of pounds. The NFL is not quite sure how that happened or who was involved, but the Well's report said it was "more probable than not" that Brady might have been aware ...how's that for weasel wording? ....As if it really mattered.....what has the alleged cheater done since the balls were properly inflated over the past 3 years? oh yeah, he's actually been to 3 straight Super Bowls! How the heck could he do that with properly inflated footballs?

The haters really crack me up. Understandable though......The Patriot Bowl....I mean the SuperBowl is getting a bit old. Maybe eye-poking Suh  will take out Brady for good and let the rest of the AFC have a chance at the big game  ;)
    Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I'm cooking chili (with beans) and buffalo wings. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    I'm going Ice Fishing. 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Not sure what the menu will consist of yet.  I'm leaning towards chicken wings but this is subject to change.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have been told by the the Queen that we will be watching the game because...duh, the commercials.  JFC. That's the one part I normally don't watch.

So I guess I'll be cooking something. Maybe some gruel.  Stale bread on the side and water from the puddle in the street. 

Shoot me now.
    Options
    Eat....maybe a coctail or few....wake up on Monday and check to see who won. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    ...Instead, I am compelled to be social and go to a party to watch The Big Game.   
    On the slightly Bright Side, the line to the john is a bit shorter during the game than for the commercials, so there's that.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• gonepostal
    Options
    My off day next week lands on Monday which means I can over indulge. Was definitely thinking wings and while delivering my route the other day I saw a flyer advertising them for $1.26 / lb at the nearby commissary. The sale started today so I decided to knock on the door of one of my retired Air Force buddies that I deliver to and asked him if he ever shops there. To make a long story short...he’s calling me within an hour to pick up 15 lbs of wings. I couldn’t get him to take a dime for his trouble. Made my day! 
    The lowest price I’ve paid in awhile...

Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    run53 said:
    On the other hand, a few years ago, one of Brady's footballs (the one that was in the possession of the Colts) was found to be deflated by a couple of pounds. The NFL is not quite sure how that happened or who was involved, but the Well's report said it was "more probable than not" that Brady might have been aware ...how's that for weasel wording? ....As if it really mattered.....what has the alleged cheater done since the balls were properly inflated over the past 3 years? oh yeah, he's actually been to 3 straight Super Bowls! How the heck could he do that with properly inflated footballs? 
    Weasel-wording or not, Cheeter was fined and banned for a bit, and the fact that his personal phone "accidently" was smashed tells me enough.  

And this: "....As if it really mattered.....what has the alleged cheater done since the balls were properly inflated over the past 3 years?" matters not a whit to me.  Integrity matters more to me than Skill, and the opposite matters more to you.  That's just how we were raised, and we can't help that.  
    Enjoy the game.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• littlerascal56
    Options
    My off day next week lands on Monday which means I can over indulge. Was definitely thinking wings and while delivering my route the other day I saw a flyer advertising them for $1.26 / lb at the nearby commissary. The sale started today so I decided to knock on the door of one of my retired Air Force buddies that I deliver to and asked him if he ever shops there. To make a long story short...he’s calling me within an hour to pick up 15 lbs of wings. I couldn’t get him to take a dime for his trouble. Made my day! 
    The lowest price I’ve paid in awhile...

$1.26/lb. I can’t find them for less than $2.99/lb at local Kroeger.  So it’s nachos this year, with Bud Light.  Won’t watch much of the game (since Chiefs didn’t make it), but do like the commercials!
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options

I think a Sicilian pizza baked in the oven will be the call for the game.

Saints got fvcked in the worst imaginable way, there’s no way around it, no justification.  You can’t blame the Rams & in a way they got it too as they’re going to the show with a cloud, still a better hand than the Saints got but nonetheless their win in the Super Bowl if they get it will be questioned & mocked until the end of time.  Fans in general got screwed too, I’d much rather be seeing Brees & Brady go at it not just because they should be going at it by all rights but because they’re the best that ever played the game, woulda been awesome.  I was butthurt for 10 minutes after Brees knocked out my birds but he did it just like he knocked out the Rams so it is what it is.  That non-call was a disaster every which way

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Got 8.5 pork butt, but just realized friends that are coming over just ate my bbq pulled pork here during their last visit to our house.  Damn.  Gotta get creative with it now, mojo PP tacos or something.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    Weasel-wording or not, Cheeter was fined and banned for a bit, and the fact that his personal phone "accidently" was smashed tells me enough.  

And this: "....As if it really mattered.....what has the alleged cheater done since the balls were properly inflated over the past 3 years?" matters not a whit to me.  Integrity matters more to me than Skill, and the opposite matters more to you.  That's just how we were raised, and we can't help that.  
    Enjoy the game.  
    Hypocrisy at its finest. Integrity only matters to you when you hate a team. I have news for you......Every team in the NFL has cheated and has been fined for it. 

https://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

We weren't raised to hate 'em just because we can't beat 'em, and we can't help that  ;)

I will enjoy the game while egging 6 slabs of Baby Backs and 5 dozen wings ............ win or lose it will be fun. 

Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    @nolaegghead, theres always this =)

Image result for kitten bowl

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Busting out the deep fryer for wings and homemade onion rings, ABTs on the egg, assortments of dips and several high ABV beers.

This was my least likable Super Bowl matchup from the conference championships, but it’s the last football we’ll see for 6 months. Enjoy it 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Brisket will be on the Large.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'm with @Zippylip. Sicilian pizza (13x18" sheet pan in the oven) for me. Never tried one before, but this one has been on my to do list forever.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/05/the-food-lab-spicy-spring-new-york-best-sicilian-pizza-at-home.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    My plans are to not watch it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Markarm4119
    Options
    Is everybody forgetting this weekend is a twofer ?
    Groundhogs Day and the Super bowl , doing ribs and wings !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • kingsmoke
    Options
    Try being a Lions fan. They find new ways to lose every year. Different players, different coaches, does not matter. Even cheating won't help them
    Grand Rapids , Mi
    LBGE -  28Blackstone - Saber grill
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Wangs and baby backs

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wings. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    We are going to a neighbors house. I begged her to let me supply the BBQ. She refused and is catering from a BBQ joint with many stores that, I'm guessing, will be subpar. She even told me: "I know it won't be as good as yours but I would never ask you to do that much work."

At least they have a very well curated wine cellar.

Go Rams!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    And watching Brady school the Rams. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    And watching Brady school the Rams. 
    I hope Brady gets skewered with a goat horn.  =)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I'm not all twisted up in Bradyhate. I will root for the Rams 'cause new blood, etc. 

But I will not be suprised one bit if he scores #6.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I jus watch it for the commercials.  I might inject an smoke a butt for this one tho.  Go Chiefs!