Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Instant Pot accessories

Options
Just bought 8qt ultra model instant pot.    Will try it out tomorrow maybe.   Which accessories or added items should I consider?  Have any of you tried to sous vide with the temp setting on the ultra?
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    This will help more than you think.

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Hard boiled egg racks

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Cheesecake pan

Fat Daddio's Anodized Aluminum Round Cheesecake Pan with Removable Bottom, 7 Inch x 3 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012Q32JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qT7tCbQ2A1189
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Get a second sealing ring.  We make Indian food occasionally in ours and the ring holds the smell.  This way you can have one for savory and one for neutral/sweet.  They sell different colored ones on amazon. 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    I have the 3qt version (black Friday sale) and picked up the glass slow cooker lid. I'm using the instant pot more as a slow cooker than anything else. Basically to take the place of the 6qt Crock Pot I've had for years. I wasn't even half filling that, so the smaller instant pot made more sense. Plus the price was hard to beat.
    I've thought about getting the veg steamer inserts too. Just haven't bothered since it seems like a lot more work then just using the stove top steamer pot I have.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Get a second sealing ring.  We make Indian food occasionally in ours and the ring holds the smell.  This way you can have one for savory and one for neutral/sweet.  They sell different colored ones on amazon. 
    Be careful with resellers. My 8 qt came with 2 but one was for a 6 qt. I purchased directly through instant pot when I saw some reviews online for the Amazon marketplace sellers.

Otherwise, I'd recommend a silicone egg tray and insert for raising food off the bottom. OXO makes nice ones that are 10-15 bucks, typically.
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    So, I've got 2 rings- but they're both clear.  Do you mark yours w/ a sharpie or anything to differentiate them?  

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    Options
    @Hub has it right.  The only thing I would add is to get a steaming basket with handles.  Total hand saver!  This way you don't really need to have an egg holder.  With the basket I have, I can do 18 hard boiled eggs with room for a few more.   Also, get extra gaskets.  I have the colored gaskets that work well.  Just make sure of the size you are getting. 
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    vb4677 said:
    U_tarded said:
    So, I've got 2 rings- but they're both clear.  Do you mark yours w/ a sharpie or anything to differentiate them?  

Both of mine are clear.  Just a mark with sharpie works for us.  Also a sniff with the nose helps, but after a soak in vinegar water you can kill most of the stink on one. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Cheesecake pan

Fat Daddio's Anodized Aluminum Round Cheesecake Pan with Removable Bottom, 7 Inch x 3 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012Q32JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qT7tCbQ2A1189
    I second that! 
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1216143/ny-cheesecake

Also some pre-cut rounds of parchment paper to fit the removeable bottom of the cheesecake pan. Like these...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D671QGD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though I will likely be long gone before I make 100 cheesecakes! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    vb4677 said:
    U_tarded said:

Both of mine are clear.  Just a mark with sharpie works for us.  Also a sniff with the nose helps, but after a soak in vinegar water you can kill most of the stink on one. 
    I'll have to try the soaking option. My original clear gasket smells from cooking savory bean recipes. I bought red and blue ones for sweet and neutral stuff to help differentiate.