Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

David Gilmore auctioning off over a hundred of his iconic guitars.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited January 2019 in Off Topic
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,181
    Options
    Very cool. I’d be interested to see what the sell price is on some of them.  I suspect they’ll fetch $10-20m 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I just heard Greenday is doing the same, though not sure if it's for charity or financial gain. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    how many are you getting?  

i love his attitude - they're instruments, i've got others that sound good, let someone else enjoy them
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:

i love his attitude - they're instruments, i've got others that sound good, let someone else enjoy them
    I'm afraid it would significantly impact my retirement strategy.....which already has me working till I am 96.  =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Very cool. I’d be interested to see what the sell price is on some of them.  I suspect they’ll fetch $10-20m 
    I suspect you are right somewhere between $10 and $20 million is a safe bet.  There is a few I would easily drop a few hundo on and I do not collect guitars.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I’d be interested to see what the sell price is on some of them.  I suspect they’ll fetch $10-20m 
    I'd have my doubts about that much.  DG played standard-issue guitars, the magic came through his mastery of tone-sculpting (the electronics) and more importantly, the magic coming through his fingers.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    I’d be interested to see what the sell price is on some of them.  I suspect they’ll fetch $10-20m 
    I'd have my doubts about that much.  DG played standard-issue guitars, the magic came through his mastery of tone-sculpting (the electronics) and more importantly, the magic coming through his fingers.  
    His high end is to high, but I think his low end is safe, they will go for more than ten dollars.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    blind99 said:

I'm afraid it would significantly impact my retirement strategy.....which already has me working till I am 96.  =)
    nah!  once you get that guitar, you'll be a Rock God and people will throw money at you for performing at big events, like Butt Blast.  And I hear that kind of stuff are real appreciating assets, be worth a fortune 10 years from now...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    blind99 said:
    And I hear that kind of stuff are real appreciating assets, be worth a fortune 10 years from now...
    And, said the pimply-faced kid with Beatz earbuds at the local McDonald's, "David who?"   B)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,181
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    There’s so many extremely rich young tech guys that probably smoked dope in college listening to Floyd. A lot of rich Brits as well. I could see Branson buying one for $1m+ since it’s charity. I suspect several others will go for $750k+++.