Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for some online recipe sites.....that you frequently because they deliver joy.....

Options
I seldom cook by recipes, but do look at some for reference ingredients from time to time. I don't bake (leave that to the wife) so the exact amounts are not as important to me. I go heavy on ingredients I like (garlic for example), and lite on those I don't care much about. Anyhow, I know a lot them require that you log an email and likely bombard you with spam. That said, if there is one worth putting up with it, I would like to get one. Again, looking for a solid on line resource if you have had good a experience. I am not opposed to breaking it up into cuisines like Italian, Mexican etc.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    as dumb as this sounds, i just start with google images and go from there. have never liked single sources. i like pictures =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Try Pinterest also. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    If it its not Egg specific. food network.com can actually be helpful.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Eggheadforum.com
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I have the Epicurious app on my phone - like you, just to collect ideas.

This one has been handy - re dry-aging and beef ribs.  https://www.seriouseats.com/ 
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    as dumb as this sounds, i just start with google images and go from there. have never liked single sources. i like pictures =)
    I do the same thing. Thought I was the only backwards thinker.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Try foodgawker.com. Their search function lets you specify ingredients you want... and don't want. Then it shows pics of the various dishes meeting your requirements (usually). Click one that looks good and it takes you to someone's food blog for the recipe.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    Serious Eats www.seriouseats.com

Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I like to use Yummly
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Serious Eats is very popular... 
    https://www.seriouseats.com/

Cook's Illustrated is behind a paywall but it's probably the single best source for recipes there is. 
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That guy’s a quitter.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Find some old school church cook books. Do you even “South” bro? Lol
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    On line bro.....

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    On line bro.....
    Meh
  • northGAcock
    Options
    On line bro.....
    Meh
    Things I can look at while on boring conference calls.

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    This is just BBQ centric, but one of the best collection of BBQ recipes and videos on the web.  Watching Malcom cook is pure BBQ joy.

XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I like serious eats and cooks illustrated also. 
    Additionally, I’ve found some good stuff at:

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I’ve really been liking Milk Street, he’s doing much more interesting stuff than when he was at ATK/Cook’s Country.

Beyond that, I’ve had some hits from The Washington Post’s food section, Serious Eats is great.  Beyond that it is much more ofone offs - a great sweet potato and black bean chili recipe from Food52, a slow cooker brisket recipe from Smitten Kitchen, a minestrone from Ruhlman’s site when he still posted things.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• I frequent https://thewoksoflife.com/ because it delivers Joy.  Many recipes are out of my wheelhouse, but the handful I have tried have been great.
    Richard
    large BGE, Birmingham, AL
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Robin, I am maybe like you--I search for a recipe idea-- Then I look at the list of recipes that come up. Now that gives me a starting point. I usually quickly eliminate recipes that seem to have funky stuff that doesn't belong or I dont like an ingredient or two. AllRecipes will allow you to search without signing up. But to be honest, mostly I punch it into google and see what arrives. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like Saveur. Tons of recipes from all over the world, and they usually turn out great. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Saveur isn’t doing so well these days I’ve heard. They had the best food/travel publication going until the patent company came in and fired the head editor and cut the magazine down to 6 issues a year. They’re a shell of their former self unfortunately and their website seems to be suffering now too it seems. So many ads and less and less new interesting articles. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Been out since I posted.....so have some catching up to do. Thanks to you all.....I look forward to reading and also trying your recommendations.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I have found a few at yummly.com 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    If I already know what I want to make, I google that and start reading from sites that I recognize/respect.  Lot of sites mentioned above like serious watts/food lab, epicurious, spruce eats, food network, NY Times, etc.  I will browse blogs sometimes, but it seems like I always end up finding the bad ones.

If I don’t know what I want to make but know what main ingredients I want to use then I google those ingredients and ‘recipe’ and then scan for recipe titles to get an idea of what I could make.

Sometimes I just go around the corner and get pizza and beer.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Cook's Illustrated is behind a paywall but it's probably the single best source for recipes there is. 
    I have subscribed to "the paper" Cooks Illustrated for decades, and have purchased several of their published compilation cookbooks, but I would still have to pay extra to gain access to their website (which I refuse to do).  I realize they don't depend on "advertising" dollars, but still, I think this is a bit petty.  
    I've also realized, as I approach retirement, I could cook one untried recipe from my collected cookbooks, magazines, and saved web recipes, every single day from now on, and not get thru them all until I'm 178.  
    Mebbe I need to get ambitious and cook TWO per day?  :lol: 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    This is all you will EVER need.

https://bbqpitboys.com/recipes-page/
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Saveur isn’t doing so well these days I’ve heard. They had the best food/travel publication going until the patent company came in and fired the head editor and cut the magazine down to 6 issues a year. They’re a shell of their former self unfortunately and their website seems to be suffering now too it seems. So many ads and less and less new interesting articles. 
    I hear ya. I've been a print subscriber for years, and have noticed the change for the not-as-good-as-it-used-to-be. But its still the cooking magazine subscription  I would rather keep over the others.

The website advertising drives me nuts too. But if i'm in the mood to cook something different and new to me, I can't remember a time when I didn't find something there that piqued my interest. Have found Thai, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, Japanese, African, good ol' southern recipes, etc. Almost all have been good. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.