Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day meal ideas?

Options
So I am hosting Mother's Day at my house again this year. Last year was just my g/f and my parents and my sister w/ her boyfriend. We went Italian. This year it will be my fiancee with her parents and grandparents along with my parents. Sister and her boyfriend may come too

I want something good (obviously), enough to feed that many people, and that utilizes the grill. i also have a sous vide available to help. No Italian this year. 

What would you suggest? What have you done in the past with great success? Since there are more people I am looking for a few options that I can present to everyone to hopefully find a consensus

Thanks!
Boom

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

Sunday, May 12

Mother's Day 2019 in United States of America

Phew! Scared me for a second.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    if it were my mom i would take two slices of wonder bread, fill it with one slice of bologna and freeze it in a baggie right now, let it age in the freezer til the big day.

how about fillet mignon with hollandaise sauce and asparagus or fillet with lightning shrimp and asparagus. some cheese cake and or strawberry rhubarb
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Pork tenderloins can can go over surprisingly well, Hasselback potatoes, salad tbd, pineapple upside down cake.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Sunday, May 12

Mother's Day 2019 in United States of America

Phew! Scared me for a second.
    ha it is a little bit down the road

but I need to make sure both sides of the family will eat it and I am getting married in May so my free weekend are very limited. Want to have as much prep and planning done ahead of time
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    @fishlessman and @Gulfcoastguy

those are both great ideas!
    Boom
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Another endorsement for the pork tenderloins stuffed.  @DoubleEgger does a great job with those.
    Now, if you want to display your knife /prep skills then you can go with Jacques Pepin chicken ballotine. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,611
    Options
    109 day aged beef of some kind if you start tomorrow.  Mom’s deserve some funky meat.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Legume said:
    109 day aged beef of some kind if you start tomorrow.  Mom’s deserve some funky meat.
    So. Many. Comments. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    If it were me, I’d think about what your Mom really likes. It is after all her special day. The rest of the group can go along for the ride. Now if her tastes range across the board, I might take the tenderloin and GLS shrimp. They are winners, and shrimp can cook while tenderloin rests. Make salad ahead, and some rice or pots in the clockbox. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.