Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - A Giving Opportunity for a Great Veterans' Organization - The Navy SEAL Foundation

Options

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I have made a donation as well.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    New goal = $2500

let's GOOOOOOOOO!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Thank you all very much!  I really appreciate it.  Just got an email that fundraising is off a bit from previous years and the overall goal of $700,000.  

Anything you can do helps.   

I’m gonna do two drawings for those that are able to contribute:  
    One for a bottle of Woodford 
    One for a bag of Rockwood

Thank you again!

i really appreciate the support as does the Navy Seal Foundation. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Donation made. 
    Thank you so much, Mike.  
    @CTMike
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    GregW said:
    I have made a donation as well.
    Thank you so much, Greg!

@GregW
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Later today, I'll pull a couple names for our raffle for a bottle of Woodford Reserve and for a bag of Rockwood. 

I wanted to give another bump in case anyone else would like to contribute.

Thank you for all who have already given.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Here are your winners:

@GregW gets the whiskey and....
    Killit_and_Grillit gets the charcoal.

Please PM me your details and I'll get it out ASAP. I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few days, so @GregW if I hear from you today, I'll be able to get it out before I leave, if not, I will send it out on the 2nd.

Thank you again for all participating!  The donation site will stay up for at least a few more weeks if anyone gets the bug to give.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Many thanks to @thetrim
    I have received the items from the raffle. I would like to say you have been very generous.
    When I made the donation, I never expected to win the raffle, I only wanted to give to a most worthy cause.

I really appreciate the generous gift.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    @GregW Never met him but he is definitely a stand-up guy.- above and beyond.   And he deserves full props for his charity swim.  Nice winnings-time to make a 2018 dent in the Woodford before it's too late. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks for the bump, and I'm really happy to see Mr Woodford made it to your spot unscathed!

I hope he helped ring in the New Year!. 

We're well over $2k for the campaign and still taking donations if anyone would still like to contribute!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @GregW Thank you also for the additional donation. Totally not necessary, but it is very much appreciated.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim - Thanks for posting the above and best of luck.  You've got this.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thank you @BUFFALOMOOSE for your contribution.  We're sitting at $2,520 right now. 

Through a couple different websites, the overall haul is around 200k right now.  That doesn't count many of the corporate fundraising efforts the Foundation is doing in other places. 

They were trying to raise $700k this year. 

I guess we'll hear more this weekend on how that effort went.

Thank you again to everyone who contributed and shared in the effort to raise funds for this great organization.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Picked up my second place prize! Definitely gonna make some grilled Argentinian shrimp tonight! Thanks again @thetrim (but also you’re an ass for changing your profile pic. It took me a few minutes to find this thread)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    Options
    I would guess the cloak and dagger shipping for the brown water prize was way less than dealing with the charocal  shipment.  Congrats to all who supported and the winners.  When @thetrim survives this round I see a "go again" for 2020 if he is up for it.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Good Luck @thetrim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    Options
    I lived to fight another day.  

MNy thanks to everyone for the support.    

I’ll write a little more when I’m feeling better.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Yes!!  Congrats as there was never a doubt here. 
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim thanks for the wonderful documentation and beyond of your weekend.  Your writing was inspirational and was orders of magnitude behind the entire experience.  Way to truly make a difference.  Thank you for the opportunity to support the frogman swim.  
    I'm sure the after-party was quite entertaining and many more beers were enjoyed.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Fan Damned Tastic!!  Great write up and perspective!  Thank you for participating as well. Great cause and great job. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Way to go, O bearded one!!!
    South Buffalo, New York
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Great write up Steve, looks like a good time for a great cause. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I just donated at Coronado, CA seal store....hs classmate is a SEAL and i know C4's family quite well...theres a pict of him behind the counter at the store.   Aloha!
  • thetrim
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The Tampa Bay Frogman swim officially posted fundraising numbers for the swim this year.  Thanks to many on this forum and many more around the world, they are sitting at $710,000 raised so far. 

Thank you so much to all who gave on this site.  You are class group of very fine individuals. 

Who cares if some on here feel the need to visit a petting zoo once every April????

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    That’s a lot of cash. Congrats.