Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chocolate Cake With Caramel Chantilly Cream

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Beautiful cake.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    Looks tasty!

Wow!   I assume not on the egg??
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    That looks GREAT!

It appears you baked it in a bundt cake pan which you then cut in half - right? 

Then please tell us how and with what all you added on top. I have a triple chocolate cake which always is well received with accolades, but your toppings would kick it thru the goal posts!  

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Very fancy.  Happy B-day to Mom - I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Phoenix 
  • @GoooDawgs: Though I would have loved to have done this on the Egg, my wife put her foot down.  :|

@RRP: The cake was done in a regular round cake pan and then cut in half across the horizontal axis, as you mention. My mother likes dark chocolate and prefers that dessert not be overly sweet. Had I had it on hand, I would have decorated with dark chocolate shavings. Given we seemed to be out, I simply repurposed some milk and dark chocolate Lindt balls by slicing them and then placing them on top. They were quite sweet, which complemented cake and cream - both of which were not too sweet - nicely. I’ve seen your cake post a few times and keep meaning to make it. It sounds decadent!

@blasting: Thanks for the well wishes. We had the cake after dim sum and it seemed to be enjoyed by all.