Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear Christmas Ribeyes with ThermaPen

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

I received the gift of my very own ThermaPen from my sweetie this Christmas and so I used it to help me reverse sear 4 of the most gorgeous USDA Prime Ribeyes you ever did see.

My only difficulty was I seemed to get higher temperatures when the meat was on the grill. Maybe I poked too far through the steak and got temp from the other side?  I intended to pull them off at 115, when I checked about 35 minutes into reverse sear they were 120-130, but in the resting pan they were 95.  I also had temp variation through the steaks. I seared them 3 minutes a side and then 1 minute more per side at 600 degrees.  They turned out very nice, but, just like when I cook with a probe, I seem to chase temps instead of just going by feel.  (I'm getting over a cold so I didn't want to go poking people's steak with my finger!). 

Well - I hope all you who celebrate had a nice Christmas. Here are the pics-
When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
Williamsburg, VA

Comments