Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flameboss 200 question

Options
I need to change the WiFi password on the unit. I’m having some difficulty finding out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options

SETTING UP WIFI
    WiFi Setup / Web Browser
    (Computer or Mobile Device)
    1. With your Flame Boss device set to Access Point Mode, go
    to the WiFi settings on your computer or phone and select
    FB-#####(controller’s device ID) as the network.
    2. Open your browser and go tohttp://192.168.4.1/
    3. Scroll down, enter your SSID and Password on the form at the bottom and click Submit. Your browser should show this message:
    Great! You changed WiFi settings and your controller switched to station mode. Look for it on MyFlameBoss.com. Your controller will switch to Station mode and use the WiFi network you configured to get online. Your computer or mobile device will disconnect from the Flame Boss access point and
    re-connect to a previously remembered WiFi network. If it does not, you may need to connect to your old WiFi network again
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Oh crap.

Your post made me realize I need o do that too as I switched providers recently. You should be able to just follow the original setup instructions in the manual. If you don't have the manual you can get it here - https://www.flameboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/FB300_Manual_Web_v2_6.pdf

If you still ave problems then you can call their support number as they are very helpful.

I'll change mine and see how it goes. Post again if you are still having problems.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Dawgtired
    Options
    I think I have the password changed, but another question......my dome thermometer says 240 and the pit temp on the flameboss says 199. I have the unit set to 210 and am trying to cook at 225. So what do I believe? The pit or the dome? My dome thermometer was recently calibrated....so not sure what to do here. 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Check the calibration on the pit probe. If its off by more than a degree or 2 then call FlameBoss to get another probe. I don't believe there is anyway to adjust it but their support will be glad to help.

Where is the temp probe (the one with the Alligator clip) attached? Unless its clipped to the Egg's dome thermometer or sitting right next to it then I wouldn't worry. There will be temp variations between the dome and the grate temps.

I don't understand what you mean by "I have the unit set to 210 and am trying to cook at 225". The unit should be set to what ever temp you want to cook at; 225 in your example.

If set to 225 then the FB will run the fan as needed to keep the temp at the pit probe at 225.

I hope that answers you questions.

P.S. I got mine all setup and working with my phone and the internet.

MiniMax 04/17

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @Dawgtired. Trust the FB.  Your issue may be the flame boss probe is resting behind the plate setter (indirect), yet the dome is in line with the lit coals below (direct).  Move the probe over the unprotected area on the grate. It will slow down the fan, causing the dome temp to stabilize around the FB grill temp.

laslty, they will never match, but should be close.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    The recipes here are for dome temp. Grate and dome temps will be different but come closer together over time. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Clip the FB probe to the dome temp gauge stem and then report back if there is a difference.  That takes a lot of variables out of the equation.
  • Dawgtired
    Options
    Yes it was sitting behind the plate setter. I just clipped it to the dome thermometer, so hopefully that’ll fix the issue.....Thanks

Ronald Reagan

• Dawgtired
    Options
    Check the calibration on the pit probe. If its off by more than a degree or 2 then call FlameBoss to get another probe. I don't believe there is anyway to adjust it but their support will be glad to help.

Where is the temp probe (the one with the Alligator clip) attached? Unless its clipped to the Egg's dome thermometer or sitting right next to it then I wouldn't worry. There will be temp variations between the dome and the grate temps.

I don't understand what you mean by "I have the unit set to 210 and am trying to cook at 225". The unit should be set to what ever temp you want to cook at; 225 in your example.

If set to 225 then the FB will run the fan as needed to keep the temp at the pit probe at 225.

I hope that answers you questions.

P.S. I got mine all setup and working with my phone and the internet.
    Yes sir... I was trying to get the dome temperature back to 225 so I lowered the FB temp to 210.

Ronald Reagan

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    @Dawgtired that makes sense now. Be aware that it takes a while to bring down the temp of an egg. A better solution may have been to leave the FB setting alone and close the top or bottom vent some.

MiniMax 04/17

• dorfami
    Options
    Sorry for the disagree. Fat fingered. Trying to reconnect also and stuck in a WiFi status resetting. 
  • Dawgtired
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion of clipping it to the dome thermometer. They are now matched up precisely with each other.

Ronald Reagan

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Dawgtired said:
    Thanks for the suggestion of clipping it to the dome thermometer. They are now matched up precisely with each other.
    Ok, so that confirms both are good.

Move the FB pit probe back down to the grate, above a PS leg, at least an inch away from the meat, and not above a drop pan.  Grate temp is what's important.....don't worry too much about the dome temp.

Another thing that might fool you with a low dome temp is if the probe pokes into a tall piece of meat.  Normally you can see or feel this happen when you close the lid though.