Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many top your burgers with fried eggs?

Options
13»

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I like it but for the life of me, have never done it at home. Only at finer food establishments.
    I have always thought of your home as one of the finer food establishments!
    Why thank you Jim. We will try it next time you are in town. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    i put these on to heat up when the burgers go on. Perfect for one egg.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Pro tip - cut a wide slice of onion and take the outer ring, keeping it whole, and use it as a mold for the fried egg.  It keeps the white thicker, and it's the perfect shape for a muffin or biscuit (or burger).
    NOLA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Watch some Bobby Flay and you’ll have fried eggs on everything!
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    We have a place in Birmingham called Jack Browns. I think it's a chain place.
    They have a Royal burger on the menu that is topped with a fried egg cooked to your desired doneness.
    It is fantastic. The burger is a little small for the price, but i can't complain about the quality.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I love egg on breakfast sammiches, sausage or ham, but never really got into it on a beef burger.
    A beef burger requires either:
    a) ketchup and Nalley dill slices, or
    b) AB method: good toasted bun, thin layer of mayo on the bottom, salt on the top!
    c) or the Best: good cheddar and Hatch green chile.  The Best!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• BGEChicago
    Options
    Ok, I know they existed, and they are an option in many restaurants in my area.. guess what i'm having for dinner tomorrow?  
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    RRP said:
    I keep seeing that option show up at some local burger joints, but I still have never tried one. Nor have I here at home. I love eggs, but for some reason I have mental block about the idea. Any believers here to convince the rest of us? 
    I’m a firm believer in the idea that you should try everything once.  Even hookers.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    At home, almost every time. It just adds a richness that can’t be beat. Some sharp cheddar and carmalized onions. Look out
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Maybe I’m crazy.  But I love the taste of beef in a good burger, and all the additions and condiments hide the beef flavor and/or give too much moisture.  I like a well cooked burger on toasted buttered bread, A thin slice of Vidalia onion.  Nothing else. That is the best!!! IMO.

edit - I haven’t been here long, so I love when one of these old threads is reserected.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Botch said:
    I love egg on breakfast sammiches, sausage or ham, but never really got into it on a beef burger.
    b) AB method: good toasted bun, thin layer of mayo on the bottom, salt on the top!
    Love C.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Botch said:
    Is the AB Alton Brown?  He had a new process on Good Eats reloaded, broil cheese on both sides of the bun and deep fry the burger.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    OK Ron, it's been almost 4 years.  Have you tried it yet?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    It’s good Ron, just try it ! 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Acn said:
    Is the AB Alton Brown?  He had a new process on Good Eats reloaded, broil cheese on both sides of the bun and deep fry the burger.
    Yes.  I haven't seen his new show (I get the Food Channel but not the Cooking channel; odd).  Broiled cheese sounds great, but a deep-fried burger??   :s

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    We have a place in Memphis called Dyers Burgers.  They have been deep frying burgers for over a hundred years.  They have never changed the grease - just add some from time to time,

http://www.dyersonbeale.com/
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • coachbriseno
    Options
    Be careful.  Introduced it to my daughter and now she won't eat it any other way.
    Large BGE (2008) - Weber Summit (2018)
    210 TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Y’all have me wanting to try this yesterday!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95