Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse sear tri tip

Options
I have to say tri tip has become my go to cut when having to feed several people and not dumping my budget.  It’s a lean, tender (when you carve it correctly) cut that I come to love. 

I cover the roast with olive oil and put a steak rub on heavy. I have found a prime rib rub from our local butcher shop works great.  The LBGE is set around 225 to 250 with the platesetter on. I use wood chunks, not chips to smoke.  Pour the smoke to the roast for about an hour.  That will take your internal temp on your meat to 125-130.  Pull the roast off, take off plate setter and open all vents.  Let temp rise to 500 to 550.  Place roast on for 2 minutes a side.  Should be cooked one step above what temp you pulled the roast.  For example if you want medium rare.  Pull at rare then grill to medium rare.  Slice the tri tip across grain just like a brisket.  

I serve this with a homemade creamy horseradish sauce that really pairs well with the tri tip.  Sorry I didn’t take a pic of the inside got too excited about the food. 

Comments