Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Publix Brisket Burgers

Options
This evening we had Publix Brisket burgers for the first time. They are incredible. They're pre formed  8 ounce burgers, priced at $4.00 each. I didn't think to photograph them tonight, but we'll be having them again soon and I'll try to remember to photograph them. Not every store carries them, but all the stores with a meat department service desk will have them according to what I was told. I think they're the best burger I've ever tasted. Anyone else on here tried them?
Tampa Bay, Florida

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I haven't tried them but I will be on the lookout!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    I’ve had my butcher shop grind me up brisket and form into patties. They’re pretty dang good. A little better than 80/20 ground chuck. But the best burger meat I’ve had hands down comes from another butcher shop across town and is ground beef tenderloin. 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    we have had those several time here and they are amazing but out of the three publix around us easily, there is only one that has them. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The publix market ground beef is also really good.  It's ground from all different cuts, but a lot of steak cuts too.  I think it sits around 73/27 split. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    My local butcher usually has ground brisket/short rib that I've used to make burgers with.  Gonna pick up some soon and do a meatloaf with it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
     My local Publix was a no go today for the brisket burgers, but I found these Prime Burgers and decided to give them a shot.  Anybody here ever tried them?

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    Hub said:
     My local Publix was a no go today for the brisket burgers, but I found these Prime Burgers and decided to give them a shot.  Anybody here ever tried them?

I'd like to know what you think of them. 4 pack?
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Yea, 4 6oz patties.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...