Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Problem reaching the mother ship/customer service.

Comments

• I have confidence in my dealer, but with all that's been said here this doesn't give me much hope for this company.  There is really no excuse for not returning phone calls or emails from customers.  A good/large company doesn't have just one person assigned to customer service.  If they've decided to cheap out in this area, the responsible thing to do is to have someone take over his/her responsibilities or at least answer their calls.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • I think BGE middle and senior management could care less what we the customer thinks.  They seem to have a similar attitude the the IRS has "shut up and listen". If it was a public company, I feel confidence this would never screw the customer wouldn't fly with the shareholders. 
    Auburn, Alabama
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I think BGE middle and senior management could care less what we the customer thinks.  They seem to have a similar attitude the the IRS has "shut up and listen". If it was a public company, I feel confidence this would never screw the customer wouldn't fly with the shareholders. 
    Public companies have never screwed their customers?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Haha they do all the time. United airlines comes to mind hahahaha
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    saaben said:
    I do live very close to the Mother ship ( Live in Cumming, GA and work in Buckhead). I have no issues going down there to get an item warrantied but sure do not want to show up there on a Sat morning unannounced. Atlanta traffic is never good and I tend to try to avoid just popping in. If anyone called me back and said "sure just come one down with your receipt" that would be great but assuming that is another story. I am probably an hour away with traffic. Thanks to all that replied. Love my egg and have for years.

The Mad Hatter has been selling eggs for a long time if you don’t want to drive to the mother ship I am sure they would help you out. Like others said if you drive to HQ with a pic and receipt you will get a replacement. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2018
    When I was a bge dealer,  it was nothing to submit a warranty claim.  I didn't care where they bought it, it was one piece of paper and the part showed up on the pallet with our next order.  We always had at least two dozen eggs in stock, so no big deal robbing a part out of a new one.  Don't have to worry about that with KJs though......just emailed and got my uncle a new firebox shipped direct on 5 days.  

Still not fair to blame it all on one guy at the head shed though.  Not his fault. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    When I was a bge dealer,  it was nothing to submit a warranty claim.  I didn't care where they bought it, it was one piece of paper and the part showed up on the pallet with our next order.  We always had at least two dozen eggs in stock, so no big deal robbing a part out of a new one.  Don't have to worry about that with KJs though......just emailed and got my uncle a new firebox shipped direct on 5 days.  

Still not fair to blame it all on one guy at the head shed though.  Not his fault. 
    So no shipping charges on KJ claims? After the mold burnout today, I've got a cracked firebox in my KJ Jr. Never took it over 700*. First time I'll need to submit a KJ claim, wasn't sure what to expect.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • I get people’s frustrations here. I’ve had several warranty claims, I just had one fulfilled last week. It took two months and I’m ok with that. A dealer that had nothing to do with the original purchase took care of it for me. But I think the criticism has been a little heavy. It’s not Bruce’s job to handle warranty claims. I’ve had conversations on the phone with him and the company is so big now and there are so many more customers, I’m not sure he could field it all anymore. This has to be settled at the dealer level. And if it’s not (and I know it happens), then corporate must handle it. There’s no excuse for them ignoring people that want to complain about a dealer or distributor. I hope they fix this for the OP. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    DMW said:

So no shipping charges on KJ claims? After the mold burnout today, I've got a cracked firebox in my KJ Jr. Never took it over 700*. First time I'll need to submit a KJ claim, wasn't sure what to expect.
    Free shipping with KJ.

My Jr has had a cracked fire bowl for three years but it is still in one piece so I never bothered with getting a replacement. Keep telling myself I should go ahead and get one just to be ready for when it does fall apart.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    DMW said:

Free shipping with KJ.

My Jr has had a cracked fire bowl for three years but it is still in one piece so I never bothered with getting a replacement. Keep telling myself I should go ahead and get one just to be ready for when it does fall apart.
    Ive looked and at least you know the price you are dealing with if you need a new one and KJ gives you grief.  Its pretty cheap for a new one:

https://www.bbqguys.com/kamado-joe/ceramic-firebox-for-joe-jr-grills

• I've been waiting over 6 weeks and no reply to emails or voicemails I've left.
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • I've been waiting over 6 weeks and no reply to emails or voicemails I've left.
    @714egghead, with your dealer? If you’re in OC, it seems there would be numerous dealers to check in with. 
  • I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and they forgot to put pickles on my tasty chicken sangwhich.......I called corporate but still haven't heard back.  What should I do?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and they forgot to put pickles on my tasty chicken sangwhich.......I called corporate but still haven't heard back.  What should I do?
     Really? I called chick fila for you, terrible hold music but no answer machine. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and they forgot to put pickles on my tasty chicken sangwhich.......I called corporate but still haven't heard back.  What should I do?
    Best to call on Sunday.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
    What should you do?  Get ready for the firestorm...…you just mentioned Chick-Fil-A on this forum!!  If only it was Friday night.  :P
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and they forgot to put pickles on my tasty chicken sangwhich.......I called corporate but still haven't heard back.  What should I do?

Go back to the restaurant, and calmly approach a manager.  Perfect example in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXcfIn57Bw

Phoenix 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    blasting said:

Go back to the restaurant, and calmly approach a manager.  Perfect example in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXcfIn57Bw

HA!  Boobage!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • I have never read the fine print in the official BGE warranty but I'm certain that one will not find anything that says they will contact you within any certain amount of time when you contact them. It's a BGE find a dealer close to you, buy products from them, support their business, make them want to help you, don't always expect a discount. I have always taken my Ford vehicles to the Ford dealer because they always seem to fix it right the first time, not always in my time frame, yes cost more for sure. Bruce is just one man in a big sea, I have a dealer in FL that always takes care of me, I buy products from him and he takes care of me because I take care of him. NO system is perfect and most BGE cracks and warranty problems do not stop us from using our BGE's...….. 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Lit
    It’s sad KJ is the new guy in the market but has way better improvements on their product and a much easier warranty process for most folks. I’m lucky I work 10 minutes from headquarters so it’s great but man there are a lot of posts here about what I would consider horrible customer service with the BGE.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Customers are feeling like they aren't being taken care of.  Dealers are growing frustrated.  It's not great, but every company slips a little once in a while. 

I'm rooting for BGE, and hopefully they're working towards something.  Streamlining the warranty system, and giving some clear expectations would go a long way.

Phoenix 
  • Growing pains.  I think BGE will right the ship with their dealer responsiveness.  I am going to exercise faith on this one and not panic.  I think this is like every other business, there are customers that have issues with a company (not the fault of the customer), and they complain at every opportunity.  They do not represent the majority, but they sure feel like it sometimes.  I had a horrible experience with a Honda a few years ago.  It was ****.  And it was Honda's fault, at the manufacturer and dealer level.  I complained.  A lot.  To anyone with ears.  I finally sold the car and got over it.  I know Honda's are fantastic cars, but I'm not sure I could every buy another.  There will be similar people with BGE moving to KJ, and KJ people moving to BGE, and people moving to pellet cookers, and pellet cookers moving to ceramic.  Enjoy your grill and the few that are having issues, I sympathize with, but there are many of us that could not imagine getting rid of this awesome cooking vessel.
  • Lit
    Growing pains.  I think BGE will right the ship with their dealer responsiveness.  I am going to exercise faith on this one and not panic.  I think this is like every other business, there are customers that have issues with a company (not the fault of the customer), and they complain at every opportunity.  They do not represent the majority, but they sure feel like it sometimes.  I had a horrible experience with a Honda a few years ago.  It was ****.  And it was Honda's fault, at the manufacturer and dealer level.  I complained.  A lot.  To anyone with ears.  I finally sold the car and got over it.  I know Honda's are fantastic cars, but I'm not sure I could every buy another.  There will be similar people with BGE moving to KJ, and KJ people moving to BGE, and people moving to pellet cookers, and pellet cookers moving to ceramic.  Enjoy your grill and the few that are having issues, I sympathize with, but there are many of us that could not imagine getting rid of this awesome cooking vessel.
    It’s not a few having issues it’s pretty frequent around here people getting no response from the dealer network and then nothing from corporate either. 
  • I am happy to say that Bruce took care of me today and it could not have been easier. Hard to believe he may be the only one to handle all claims but if he is he did me a solid today. I will certainly buy another Egg as I have learned as have many others that you cannot have only one and the memories I have made around my egg with good friends, good wine and good music are priceless to me. May find another dealer but for now very happy. Thanks to everyone that opined and keep egging. 
  • I can solve your problems! Sell your BGE's and buy the other brand that will just send you replacement part in the mail. See how easy it is! Oh and Your welcome......

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Call Jim....not quite the same ring to it.  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Where is Colonel Sanders when you need him?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    I can solve your problems! Sell your BGE's and buy the other brand that will just send you replacement part in the mail. See how easy it is! Oh and Your welcome......
    I won’t buy another ceramic grill all this cracking crap sucks. I have been planning on selling my last egg for awhile now and getting the Weber summit charcoal and be done with any warranty issues. 
  • Lit said:
    I can solve your problems! Sell your BGE's and buy the other brand that will just send you replacement part in the mail. See how easy it is! Oh and Your welcome......
    I won’t buy another ceramic grill all this cracking crap sucks. I have been planning on selling my last egg for awhile now and getting the Weber summit charcoal and be done with any warranty issues. 
    What do you have for sale? Maybe someone on the forum can help you reach your goal.  That Weber is pretty cool. I considered it when I got my second XL this spring. 
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    What do you have for sale? Maybe someone on the forum can help you reach your goal.  That Weber is pretty cool. I considered it when I got my second XL this spring. 
    I need to extend my patio before I make a move. I want the Weber with the table so it has a much bigger footprint than the XL in a nest. Also Craigslist is much better to sell used eggs than this forum. I will probably get more for it than I paid.