Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day brisket thread

Options
2»

Comments

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    175. :|

I guess this is as dark as it wants to get. Time to foil wrap and teach this cow a lesson.

Gittin' there...
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Freshly opened foil, waiting for the oxygen to darken it up.

Gittin' there...
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options
    I’ll never do trimmed flats again, only packers...

They were good but not the best I have ever done. The fat is what keeps it moist, I don’t understand why you would want them trimmed...

Well any ways the burgers are on in the rain per my grandson’s request
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Not to shabby for a pellet pooper.
    Gittin' there...
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    I'm getting this down to a science now.  It makes a big difference if you'll just let your brisket rest for 4 hours after you smoke it.  This is just as important as the time spent making it on the egg. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • 510BG
    510BG Posts: 189
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm getting this down to a science now.  It makes a big difference if you'll just let your brisket rest for 4 hours after you smoke it.  This is just as important as the time spent making it on the egg. 
    Total cook time including resting period?
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Right before wrapping in BP.

Got cocky and tested doneness with a bamboo skewer instead of my Thermapen and overcooked the flat.  It was falling apart so I only have a picture of the point which was delicious as usual.

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    510BG said:
    Total cook time including resting period?
    It was an 11 lb brisket.  It took 11 hours at 245 to get to an internal temp of 201.  After that, a 4 hour FTC rest.  Total was 15 hours start to finish. 
    Dave - Austin, TX