Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying a 2nd egg

Options
2»

Comments

• jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    First cook, or reheat of carne asada for dinner. Its tiny.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Congrats @jimdgreat1 - nice find!!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Doing a ham and turkey at the same time for Thanksgiving or Christmas is great. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Winner winner carne asada dinner

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    First cook, or reheat of carne asada for dinner. Its tiny.

Excellent...you will love the XL and don't sell your Large.
    Nice Skillet.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    Options
    My large shelves will fit. Tempting to switch them and sell the large. What will the large do the xl won't?
    the large mates will fit on the xl?
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    Options
    Well crap, he just offered a hundred less if I pick it up today.

what kinda deal did you get on it?
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Congrats. I went smaller on my second egg. And I'm glad I did. The MM is my favorite for several reasons. If we entertained more then going with another Large would be my next move.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Scantron
    Scantron Posts: 93
    Options
    My wife and I went to a local dealer and looked at the minimax. After she saw it she asked if I was going to buy it, essentially giving her approval. It seemed way too easy, so I told her I was going to think about it. I need to figure out what she wants first so I know for sure what I'm getting in to.
    Cooking on a Large Big Green Egg in North Chicagoland.
  • jimdgreat1
    Options

what kinda deal did you get on it?

$300 :o

Wichita Kansas

• jimdgreat1
    Options
    My large shelves will fit. Tempting to switch them and sell the large. What will the large do the xl won't?

Looks like it to me. The holes are the same distance apart. Radius isn't that much different. I'll try and let you know.

Wichita Kansas

• Whataguy
    Whataguy Posts: 16
    Options
    Good choice on the 2nd egg, I went thru the same decision a couple years ago.  Been worth every penny, really gives me lots of options.  Having a table built by Brian Alan Tables a great decision.......set my last wood table on fire......lol

1 - Lg Green Egg
    1 - X Lg Green Egg
    1 - Brian Alan table
    2 - DigiQ thermometers
    Lots of passion and alcohol
  • 714egghead
    Options
    Whataguy said:
    Good choice on the 2nd egg, I went thru the same decision a couple years ago.  Been worth every penny, really gives me lots of options.  Having a table built by Brian Alan Tables a great decision.......set my last wood table on fire......lol

man this is a sweet table. now I am going to have to ask my local fabricator how much to build me one. I hate this site.

(Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • gasman79
    Options
    Whataguy said:

What’s the distance between the 2 eggs. Looks like enough for a half sheet which would be great
  • jimdgreat1
    Options

Yes. The radius is a little different. Was able to slightly bend it by hand to match. The wood is bigger on the XL. The steel is the same. I bought mine used so who knows where the original mate came from. Could be someone stuck a L mate on my XL.

Wichita Kansas

• Whataguy
    Options
    Gasman - it's 24" between the eggs.  Lots of workspace and area for wrapping.
    1 - Lg Green Egg
    1 - X Lg Green Egg
    1 - Brian Alan table
    2 - DigiQ thermometers
    Lots of passion and alcohol
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    300 bucks? You suck 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• jimdgreat1
    Options

Wichita Kansas

• FatDog
    Options
    I got my second (a small to go with the large) on a deal from a guy who was going out of the BGE business at his hardware store.  When I told my wife what I was up to all she said was, "be sure to get some steaks on the way home."  What a sweetheart she is.

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Glad you got a deal....I'm always looking on craigslist and letgo....  I have 2 but why not a 3rd!!!!!  
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options

I stand in awe of y’all that can go gnab the perfect gif on demand...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon