Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New LBGE Nest with built in handler

Has anyone purchased the new nest with the built in handler and 4" wheels?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Does anyone know when the "new nest" will be available for the other sizes than the Large??? 

THX

Comments

• drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165

I love mine! Would not own a nest without the handler!

Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited April 2018
    Should have a few coming in this week.  They're nice.  I played with one at Nashville.  It doesn't stick off the back so much.  I'll miss the ability to use GrateRacks though--though are one of my favorite accessories.  With the current handler you could only use one on the front anyway.  Shouldn't be hard to make them for this rig.

Hopefully it's quicker to put together.  The current nest isn't hard, it's just a lot of hardware and my least favorite thing to assemble.  The good news is that this intEGGrated nest is cheaper than the current nest + handler.

• Anyone know the price of this?  This is the only mention of this new product anywhere outside of BGEs website (https://biggreenegg.com/product/integgrated-nest-and-handler/).  And we know posting a price on their website is totally out of the question ...
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited August 2018
    GLANKSTER said:
    Has anyone purchased the new nest with the built in handler and 4" wheels?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Haven't purchased one, but got to play with one at my local Ace when I did a demo cook with the distributor. 

It was nice.  Aside from being functional, it was nice aesthetically. 

Edit: Didn't realize this was a zombie thread. shame on me.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Yeah, they are a nice setup. Have them
    in stock and setup on the floor. Much easier than the original. The Large is the test
    market for all things BGE. Depending on the success of this product, you may or may not see one for another size. No one would know. 

Hey @stlcharcoal Just drill another hole in the nest for the grate rack. It won’t be perfectly level but it works fine. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Will these become the standard nest? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    Would the cover still work with the older handler?
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101

Its been way too long for me to post but I just bought this for my in-laws beach place. I was really worried about navigating the curb you can see in the pic. I wanted to find something like the Egg Wheel Barrow but think they went out of business. The new IntEGGrated Nest+ Handler is a big improvement from the original nest. I missed the taking a pic of the handle in the back. We now have a BGE at the beach!
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101
    stlcharcoal  its not easier to put this together but much more functional than the original. Wider base, larger wheels, cleaner look etc...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2018

As green smoke exits the chimneys of all BBQ related businesses, Eggheads everywhere are made aware BGE has released a new product!  Five years ago we had the mini max, now we have a new nest for the large.  It's gonna be a nail biter waiting to see what the summer of 2023 has in store.

Just a little friendly ribbing BGE - ya gotta admit you move pretty slow.  We on the forum appreciate all new offerings.  The new nest looks to be an improvement.

Phoenix 
  • Cool. I didn't know that about the green smoke.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Longtrain
    Longtrain Posts: 48
    I roll my BGE down ramps from my shed.  The original nest was ok, but it loosened up a bit over the past couple of years, it never felt as solid as expected to move the large BGE around.  I saw the new IntEGGrated Nest+ Handler at an ACE Hardware, it is a big improvement from the original nest.  Moving it can be handled by one person easily, up and down my ramp with ease.  They weren’t giving them away, but I’m glad I picked it up.