Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally...

Options

got a spatchcocked chicken right after about 15 tries. Juicy crisp and so flavorful.

No pictures so it didn't happen. I've never taken a foto of my cooks. We don't need any more chicken pics anyway.

But oh it was so gooood.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    What kinda weirdo doesn’t take regular photos of their cooks????? Someone alert the proper authorities. There should be a list of deviants like you. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,596
    Options
    @berndcrisp - care to share how you nailed it?  No pics-I get that but the process is the driver here. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

I'm that kind of deviant and I am on the list.

48 hrs. uncovered in the fridge with a dusting of cornstarch and rub, 375 raised direct skin side up, did not flip.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What type of rub do you speak of? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What type of rub do you speak of? 

I used DP Jamaican Firewalk.

Any favorite rub should do.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,372
    Options
    What kinda weirdo doesn’t take regular photos of their cooks????? Someone alert the proper authorities. There should be a list of deviants like you. 
    I know one of those weirdos very well.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I know one of those weirdos very well.
    You are on th list for sure! Cheers!