Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Meet and Greet Tickets - is it worth it?

Options
dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
I will be purchasing general admission tickets tomorrow for the 2018 Eggtoberfest. I noticed that tickets for the meet and greet the evening before. Since we are staying at the Marriott that night, I was wondering if it was worth the $40 extra.
This will be our first Eggtoberfest.

Comments

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    never done it before so I cant speak to it.  as for day of the event, I can say show up early to get in line , it gets crowed quick.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    No it isn’t worth it. You will get your fill of meet and greet at the fest. Everyone is great and a fun trip. We like the Hiawassee Eggfest more. It’s less commercial. 
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    never done it before so I cant speak to it.  as for day of the event, I can say show up early to get in line , it gets crowed quick.
    How early? If we get there at 9:00 is that early enough?
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    If you're in line at 10am, or don't show up until 10:30 to skip the line, it's not like you're going to miss anything.  
  • RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    Options
    No it isn’t worth it. You will get your fill of meet and greet at the fest. Everyone is great and a fun trip. We like the Hiawassee Eggfest more. It’s less commercial. 
    Well hell, I bought M&G tickets. I figured it was cheaper than taking my wife out to eat.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    Weesie and I lied. We got there at 9:00. We drove up to the main gate. Guy stopped us at the gate and I said we are with blah blah blah (he couldn’t hear or want to hear what I was saying) And I Pointed. He said OH YEAH, okay go ahead. We parked with the Cooks. We got a preview of everything we wanted to see before the gates opened at 10:00am. I know this is awful but I have had 7 hip replacements so the route we took was wrong. Yeah I would do it again. I know.
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Is there a thread where forum members going to Eggtoberfest ck in? 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    I have been to Atlanta meet and greet twice.  I would not do again.  Pricey for what you get.  The hiawassee one in May is great.  Plenty of food and no charge.  Just bring a dish and plenty to go around in hiawassee
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    But if you bought tickets and you are a first timer then go and decide for yourself whether to do again.