Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Another silly breakfast post.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
Leftover hot dogs from a Saturday cookout made into a hash with some hot dog chili, diced tomato, diced Vidalia onion, pickled jalapenos and salsa, sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil. Then topped it with a fried egg because, hey why not?

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Huevos de cuello rojo rancheros. Looks great to me!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Yeah, a little odd for breakfast, but sounds GOOD!
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I take leftover hot dogs to work all the time for breakfast but i can't say that i've ever considered doing anything like this. With that being said...i'd hit that!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I seriously think you could host a show called “hangover breakfasts” and travel around major college campuses using their local fare in the next day’s breakfast. 

The hash game is strong with you. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I seriously think you could host a show called “hangover breakfasts” and travel around major college campuses using their local fare in the next day’s breakfast. 

The hash game is strong with you. 
    Perhaps it is just an indication of a pathetic, boring life of mine that I entertain myself by coming up with weird stuff for breakfast by using leftovers. I do like inventing different things to start out the day with a non-boring breakfast.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @epcotisbest on the contrary. I’ll never leave my wife alone with you. 

Her favorite breakfast thing is an onion, some potatoes, and whatever I can find in our fridge topped with an egg.  

Lets not short ourselves. We may be able to make this a Food Network show yet. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That looks really good - but I would need a Tums/Prevacid cocktail to chaise it down.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    That looks re-dunk-u-lus good...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great cook and audible skills right there.  Way to bring it home.  Perfect egg for the win.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.