Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why you always buy from a authorized dealer!

This is the reason why you buy a Big Green Egg. They have an unbelievable warranty program. I bought my 1st large and small egg in 2005. This was followed by a 2nd large in 2008. I recently did a brisket cook in one of my large eggs and noticed a significant amount of water/fat under my egg. Upon closer examination I noticed my base was cracked. I decided to do a close exam of my other eggs. I found my other large had a crack in its base as well as a cracked fire ring. My small egg‘s fire box was cracked as well as it’s fire ring. Now my problem is the dealer I purchased my BGE’s from went out of business a few years ago. I contacted 
Bruce at BGE headquarters via email and explained my situation as well as sending him pictures of the cracked pieces. Bruce replied very quickly with the name and addresses of 2 dealers close to me that could handle my warranty claim. Long story short within 2 weeks all parts arrived. I do have a disclaimer since the dealer just recently received a large order I could either wait for his next shipment or pay for shipping. I decided to pay for shipping since I didn’t want to wait. Moral of the story always buy from a authorized dealer. Special thanks to Bruce at BGE and Jack at Brinkmann's Hardware.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Great service!! The dealer I purchased my eggs from recently went out of business, so I have been concerned about this very issue.  

I went to another local dealer recently, and told them my story.  They told me if I ever have issues, they would take care of me.  BGE has a great dealer network.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    This is the reason why you buy a Big Green Egg. They have an unbelievable warranty program. I bought my 1st large and small egg in 2005. This was followed by a 2nd large in 2008. I recently did a brisket cook in one of my large eggs and noticed a significant amount of water/fat under my egg. Upon closer examination I noticed my base was cracked. I decided to do a close exam of my other eggs. I found my other large had a crack in its base as well as a cracked fire ring. My small egg‘s fire box was cracked as well as it’s fire ring. Now my problem is the dealer I purchased my BGE’s from went out of business a few years ago. I contacted 
    Bruce at BGE headquarters via email and explained my situation as well as sending him pictures of the cracked pieces. Bruce replied very quickly with the name and addresses of 2 dealers close to me that could handle my warranty claim. Long story short within 2 weeks all parts arrived. I do have a disclaimer since the dealer just recently received a large order I could either wait for his next shipment or pay for shipping. I decided to pay for shipping since I didn’t want to wait. Moral of the story always buy from a authorized dealer. Special thanks to Bruce at BGE and Jack at Brinkmann's Hardware.

Nice words and a solid endorsement! Just as a rule of thumb do you mind telling us what you agreed to pay for that shipment?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    And I’m still waiting 3 months plus for my warranty stuff. Sheesh. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    RRP said:

Nice words and a solid endorsement! Just as a rule of thumb do you mind telling us what you agreed to pay for that shipment?
    Just a hunch, but I bet it’s more than what Wes Johnson owes you. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Jeremiah said:
    @Jeremiah I think if you hold the title of reigning Wing Ding champion your order comes through within like a week.  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I hear you! I still haven't heard back from Indianapolis 500 Corp trying to reach out to my long lost buddy named Wes Johnson...and I even gave them his mailing address! Guess my old buddy doesn't want to be found! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP said:

The total shipping cost came to $129b ut there is a story behind the shipping charges. I got a call from Jack at Brinkmann’s that my items were in and I could pick them up. The shipping cost was $129. I told him I would be the next day to pick them up. A little while later Jack calls back and tells me only the large and small fire ring along with the small fire box came in. The 2 bases were not included as there was a mixup somewhere. I asked him am I going to be charged for a second shipping cost. Jack told me he would straighten it out and he would call me back shortly with an answer. A little while later Jack calls me back and let’s me know that the error was at BGE and they were shipping out the bases with no shipping charge. Great service!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    RRP said:
    I hear you! I still haven't heard back from Indianapolis 500 Corp trying to reach out to my long lost buddy named Wes Johnson...and I even gave them his mailing address! Guess my old buddy doesn't want to be found! 
     As a former banker, surely you know some leg breakers you could call.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited July 2018
    Jeremiah said:
    That’s crazy. Can you go to another dealer? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Wow. I’ve been trying to get a cracked firebox replaced since February. Dealer always has an excuse. I emailed the warranty email on their website last weekend and haven’t heard back. I called and left Bruce a message last Tuesday and haven’t heard back. I don’t know what to do. 
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    It was suppose to be in with his spring shipment. Then he said the guy in charge of warranties for BGE quit so he gave the info to his rep. My egg needs cleaned out so bad but I’m afraid to list the firebox out. It’s almost useless. Takes forever to get going. What is Bruce’s email?
    NW IOWA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Jeremiah said:
    It’s sitting next to your refrigerator... 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    So lifetime warranty but takes a lifetime to get replacement parts?   
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I have had similar experiences. I have six eggs and that means cracks every now and then. Submitted a warranty for a large firebox, fire ring, and base this week. They’ve been cracked for a while but the box is now to where I can’t put it back together if taken out for cleaning. Gave pictures to my new dealer (old one is gone), and they handled it with BGE. she told me no shipping but I expect that to change. My last warranty claim for my mini and the medium had a shipping cost. I don’t mind paying it but understand others might be put off by it. My four warranty parts from last year were only $35 shipped however. 
  • Philly35 said:
    Wow. I’ve been trying to get a cracked firebox replaced since February. Dealer always has an excuse. I emailed the warranty email on their website last weekend and haven’t heard back. I called and left Bruce a message last Tuesday and haven’t heard back. I don’t know what to do. 
    Your situation is exactly why I decided to pay for shipping. Many years ago I replaced a large cracked base under warrenty. My dealer at that time was still in business and everything was handled through them. It was around the same time of the year as my new warranty claim. Here on Long Island, NY the majority of the residents do not BBQ after Labor Day resulting in slow to almost no sales in BBQ/smoker equipment. So the base took forever to get as my dealer only received his next shipment in the Spring of the following year. Fortunately I was still able to use the firebox even though i was always putting it back together like a jigsaw puzzle. That was why I decided to pay for shipping instead of waiting for most likely 6 plus months.