Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless thermometer

Options
I have the large egg and my kids surprised me with a Joetisserie for my birthday last week, it was on sale for 99.00 at Ace in Hastings Mi. I was thinking about a true wireless thermometer to use with it, but all I could find was a Meater and Maverick rotisserie Therm. and the reviews weren't that great for either.So I may just save my money and use a instant read pen thermometer. Can't wait to try it out. Any opinions on the Meater and Maverick rotisserie therm?

Comments

• zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    I have MEATER since it came out. My biggest problem with it is the ambient temperature reading: it lacks accuracy, likely because the sensor is so close to the meat. The other issue is how thick it is....definitely not for any thin cuts of meat.

Pros: the internal temperature seems accurate. No wires. App works well enough (although others complain about bluetooth connectivity) 
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I bought a Meater recently, I used it twice this weekend.  Both temps  seemed spot on according to my thermapen and dome thermometer. Someone mentioned they were on sale fro the 4th of July and I purchased a second one. My use was for the Joetissierie as well. Eye of round one day and pork tenderloin the next. Both were fantastic. This weekend with by tacos al pastor on the Joetissierie with the recipe from Focker.