Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke em if you got em...

Options
After Church I had to dig up my yard to fix a broken sump line (thanks a lot sprinkler irrigation guys). In an attempt to add a calming effect to the repair I elected to smoke some pork ribs in the fridge so I could at least enjoy the smell. Turns out the dig was easy and the ribs smell great....thank goodness you can buy beer in Indiana on Sundays now (welcome to 2018)....heading to replenish stock before neighbors come over for dinner. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Any time you dodge a water/plumbing bullet consider yourself lucky.  Nice looking setup and property right there.
    Now about this beer deal, given you have been saved by the legislature you should reevaluate your beer low-level alarm set-point.  I maintain several days supply just in case of heavy consumption or spontaneous gatherings.  It will all get consumed so rather than on the store shelf...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Royal Coachmen
    Royal Coachmen Posts: 283
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Sorry if I posted multiple times in comments. My phone shows I posted but does not show what I posted. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm with you @Royal Coachmen   I'll often put on a pork butt (even if I don't need it)  if I'm planning on working in the shop all day.  It's all about those smells.

Very nice backyard.  Nobody else has fences though?
    Phoenix 
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Sorry if I posted multiple times in comments. My phone shows I posted but does not show what I posted. 
    Post is blank. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    blasting said:

I'm with you @Royal Coachmen   I'll often put on a pork butt (even if I don't need it)  if I'm planning on working in the shop all day.  It's all about those smells.

Very nice backyard.  Nobody else has fences though?
    We have a large lab who doesn’t do well with invisible fences. Kids don’t either and I have three of those. Also bought this place in September and fence was already here. 
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    Post is blank. 
    Yeah don’t know why. When I used phone emojis twice the post showed up blank. No emojis and the post was visible.