Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Leg of Lamb

Options
3.1 lbs, from Sam's Club.  Marinated overnight in EVOO, with fresh rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper.  Studded the roast with garlic slivers, too.  Do not skip that step.  325 degrees more or less, for an hour and 15 minutes or so.  Removed placesetter (hot!) and seared direct on four sides.  Perfect?  No.  But darned good.  Flavorful, cooked just right, and my teenage daughter cleaned her plate. Served with grilled asparagus, Rice-A-Roni (don't judge; busy afternoon), and tzatziki, which I could put on an old shoe.  I'm still new at this, but next up:  spatchcock chicken or cornish hens, but some poultry.  
Virginia Beach, VA

Comments

• Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    I need to try some lamb. I’ve never cooked it. Looks great!
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • BigGreenBean
    BigGreenBean Posts: 117
    Options
    Easy.  I love lamb.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Looks great. What did you think abut the garlic slivers? They were super harsh when I tried it. I don't think the internal temp you'd cook a lamb is hot enough to cook garlic cloves. I'm going to leave it out next time I think. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Excellent cook. 10 degrees less for me but not a complaint. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BigGreenBean
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Looks great. What did you think abut the garlic slivers? They were super harsh when I tried it. I don't think the internal temp you'd cook a lamb is hot enough to cook garlic cloves. I'm going to leave it out next time I think. 
    Love the garlic slivers.  My Mom always did that when she made leg of lamb, so it's like cheese on a hamburger to me.  Not harsh at all; mellowed out quite nicely.  Used two raw garlic cloves in the tzatziki, and that was much more assertive, but pleasantly so.  Yeah, so I dig garlic.

Virginia Beach, VA
  • BigGreenBean
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Excellent cook. 10 degrees less for me but not a complaint. 
    Daughter would probably have revolted if rarer.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow -- and I mean WOW!!!  That looks spectacular!  Just perfect!!!