Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT RIP Vinnie Paul

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
Pantera Drummer.  Dude was legend with the sticks.  RIP
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    First his brother Dimebag and now this.... RIP 
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to have attended three Pantera shows in the mid 90's while in the USMC. For a country kid from S.W. Michigan, it was mind blowing. I had their albums. Vulgar Display of Power was constantly blasting out of a barracks room door of FC555.

At the shows, however, I could FEEL Vinnie Paul's double base in my chest. Dime Bag's guitar was like nothing I'd ever heard. I think I was just in awe that I could actually see it was really just four dudes making that much noise. RIP Vinne Paul. Whatever is on the other side, just got a lot louder.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Damnit.
    Rust in peace Vin.

First concert was them, and White Zombie opening, in their prime.  I was in my prime too.

Moshing with a bunch of brick sh!thouse IA farm boys was an eye opener.  Hurt for days after.

Pretty much wore out CFH, and Far Byond Driven cassettes in the '67.  Vulgar Display Of Power is one of my favorite metal albums of all time.  Right up there with And Justice and Ride The Lightning.

Not much into autographs, as I have only 2.  Brian Urlacher ROY, and Dime's.  Also got a pic at the second show, Great Southern Trendkill Tour with Anthrax.

I will be playing them, in honor.  Probably one of the only things from Texas, I do like.   ;)
    https://youtu.be/WyczwqRD2NI

I cook using the "Loose Booze Theory".
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/the_story_behind_cemetery_gates_by_pantera-72013
    These guys created legendary music by it.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Great band.  Lived fast and hard, just like their music.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    This meme is the only place Pantera and 'reasonable' are found in the same sentence. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH