Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Philly Cheesesteaks

Options
2»

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If you are ever in South Carolina, stop by.
    Man i love a great cheese-steak.
    Best idea I've seen yet!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    The pork and broccoli rab sandwich in Reeding Terminal is pretty good.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    This isn't Philly, but the North Cacalack. Come on here !

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    the wife and I went to Pat's a few years back and sat with a couple of ladies at the picnic tables that live less than a block away and ask which they thought was better.  One of them said, the perfect sandwich would be Pat's meat/fillings and Geno's bread.  ( I got lucky and had the parking space right in front of Pat's and that was having to go around the block to get to it).

I thought Pat's was pretty good, but as others have stated, some of the other places might be better. 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    When I go to the meat shop, they usually have ribeye steak ends - the end pieces that are  mis-shaped for a steak and pretty thin (maybe 1/4-1/2 inch. We generally will take all that they have and then I slice them with my Avantco 309 slicer paper thin and make cheesesteaks out of them... DANG GOOD!!!!