Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen or Table Options

Options
I’m thinking about adding a kitchen to my outdoor cooking space. On the recommendation of a friend, I stopped by an outdoor living store on my way home from the office today. They’re a Challenger dealer and they also sell modular kitchen setups from American Outdoor Kitchens (http://www.aandbaccessories.com/kitchens/). 

I’m looking at $9-12k if I decide to have my local contractor install the custom kitchen. I’m thinking that if this modular option is a quality one, that can be had for 40-60% of the cost of the custom outdoor kitchen, it would probably be worth it. 

Does anyone one have experience with the modular options from either Challenger or American Outdoor Kitchens? 

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I like the idea of modular, given the ability to rearrange as cookers change.

Phoenix 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Paging @Tspud1

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    blasting said:

I like the idea of modular, given the ability to rearrange as cookers change.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’m only 2 yrs into this egg obsession and I’ve already got 2 XL’s. Who’s to say what’s next and when? 

My only reservations about the American Outdoor kitchen is the granite tile top and I’m also curious to see what, if anything holds the whole train together. If it’s like a sectional sofa that’s just supposed to “stay” together, I’m out. 

I like the Challenger quality and flexibility, I’m just not sure I f the value is there when a custom kitchen can be had for $10k +\-

I’ll be be interested in the input from @Tspud1
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Can’t go wrong either way. I went custom and jm
    happy, but going modular can be awesome at a fraction of the price!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
     Your tables are tops on my list.  Absolutely outstanding quality.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin