Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is there any website that I can order BGE accessories from?

Options
I like to buy many of my purchase off the web....and I recently purchased my first BGE.  However I can't find any websites (other than way overpriced Amazon) that sell BGE products.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @jnovakbge - Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun!  That said, the above site is about the best source of after-market accessories going.  However,  I would play around with your BGE before you go "off the deep end" and buy more that you will initially need. 
    Here's something I have put together that may save you some $$:

After-market toys- With the BGE there are three basic styles of cooking;  “direct”-where the cooking grid is on top of the fire ring; “raised direct”-where the grid is elevated at least to the gasket-line (this setup requires after-market stuff-easiest is to get another grid and then use three fire bricks (or three empty aluminum beer cans) and place them on the grid at the fire ring and then put the second grid on top. The third is “indirect” where there is a heat deflector (platesetter or some other type stone) between the burning lump and the cooking grid.  This is the setup for low&slow long duration cooks.  I would get comfortable playing around with the BGE before any major after-market investments.  Will save you $$ in the long run.

Some observations-make sure you calibrate your dome thermo-boil some water, then insert the thermo and check the temp.  If not around 210*F, then note the off-set and use the nut on the back to correct.  Then recheck.

Temperature is a controlled by the volume of lump burning.  The volume is controlled by the air-flow thru the BGE.  In thru the bottom vent and out the top.  Make sure when you set it up that the fire box opening is aligned with the lower vent. 

When adjusting the vent(s) to change temperature, the feedback loop can take some time.  Changes in air-flow are reflected in the dome thermo temp.  Don’t chase temperature; +/- 10-15*F is close enough.

“Stable temperature” is a relative term.  Means you haven’t moved the vents and the temperature is steady for anywhere from 30-60 minutes.

That's more than enough-  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome. Heed the above advice and you'll get along just fine! Enjoy!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options

Try Jrh@stlcharcoal.com, he owns rockwoodcharcoal.com and has a store that might be able to help you out.

He makes the best charcoal around and is a standup member of this website too.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Smokeware sells the large 3" thermos as well as the rainproof cap.  Two great add ons.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Kick Ash Basket has their own website or Ceramic Grill Store also sells the KAB.
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    And typically you don't see a lot of BGE branded gear online, since it's a tightly managed distribution of their products - not any ol' store can sell BGE stuff...  So be wary of stuff claiming to be BGE or at least the sellers... And then there's good ol' Amazon for the other stuff you don't find at CGS or Rockwood or SmokeWare. Things like my favorite latest purchase - a very sharp pigtail flipper.  But I've gotten firestarters, high-heat gloves, and a laser thermometer all at the big A...  But, yeah, start with cooking some chicken breasts, and pork butt and some steaks and veggies first, then realize you need to get your wok, your cast iron, your.. your... your...
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
  • jnovakbge
    jnovakbge Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for all the input folks.  I really appreciate it.  I'm having so much fun with my BGE that my kids bought me all kinds of accessories for it for Father's Day. 

The main 2 products I'm looking for on the web that are repeat purchases are  the lump charcoal and the fire starters.  Are there any recommendations on using other lump charcoal other than the BGE brand?  I've heard the Cowboy brand is pretty good...and I know I can order that online.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    If you have an Ace Hardware near you try some Rockwood lump. If your Ace does not stock it, they can order it. The best lump I have ever used, hands down. If you are not set up yet for indirect cooking I would recommend checking out ceramicgrillstore.com. 
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I would use rockwood if can get it at good price   or if not then madein usa royal oak at home depot but chek for the made in usa on the royal oak as some is not
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston