Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5th annual Rock River Valley Eggfest @June 16!

Options
13»

Comments

• Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    Options
    @pgprescott and @Focker today was a great time!  Pizza school was really fun to watch. Brandon has some serious skills. 
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks like a good time!!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks like you fellas put on a pretty good fest. Pizza looked especially good. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lots of variety served up I won’t get them all but a few were
    • ABT’s
    • Cornbread
    • Chocolate chip cookies
    • Brownies
    • Pork loins
    • Tri tip
    • Chicken bombs
    • Over the top beans
    • Enchiladas 
    • Pizzas
    • Chicken, beef, and shrimp kebabs 
    • Pineapple and  bourbon glazed pound cakes 
    • Wings galore
    • Buffalo chicken Mac and cheese
    • Brats and kielbasa 
    I know I forgot some stuff of course, but it was pretty hectic. It was an extremely enjoyable day even with the oppressive heat. The cooks and regular eggheads really acquitted themselves well. Just a great day for eggheads! I can’t thank everyone enough. I had opportunity to spend time with @Focker@Grillinois@Bentgrass amongst a bunch of others who aren’t regulars on this platform. We had several groups from both Wisconsin , Iowa and the western suburbs. Thanks again to all!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Schwag bags and prizes were super nice Pete.
    Thank you.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Focker said:
    huh???
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    huh???
    Cheese, andouille, parsley.
    Cody did a number on Pete's platesetter.

Ron, we hoisted a few for ya....next year.  :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    I can’t figure out how he managed to get so much stuff on the platesetter? It’s as if he was drinking and forgot to put the food on the grate prior to sprinkling his toppings! Huh? Very close to full coverage. Who ever encouraged him to do this on our old demo unit rather than the Eggfest one deserves a merit badge. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    I can’t figure out how he managed to get so much stuff on the platesetter? It’s as if he was drinking and forgot to put the food on the grate prior to sprinkling his toppings! Huh? Very close to full coverage. Who ever encouraged him to do this on our old demo unit rather than the Eggfest one deserves a merit badge. 
    I now know why you foil the platesetters. 
    Maybe he was making fricos.  Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Had a great time yesterday at the Eggfest !  A great learning experience from people who love to cook.  Already looking forward to next year' event.  
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Focker said:
    Actually Pete, I'm glad you explained this picture! I just assumed that he barfed on that PS and someone threw a couple burnt up pieces of pepperoni on i!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    Had a great time yesterday at the Eggfest !  A great learning experience from people who love to cook.  Already looking forward to next year' event.  
    Thank you for making the trip. Enjoyed meeting you and I’m really pleased you enjoyed the day. Thanks again!
  • pgprescott
    Options

RRP said:
    Focker said:
    Actually Pete, I'm glad you explained this picture! I just assumed that he barfed on that PS and someone threw a couple burnt up pieces of pepperoni on i!
    I have no idea how it happened. I was off doing some things in the store and came back and saw the carnage. WTF! After a little detective work I learned I was Cody’d! Plenty of beverages flowing, but no barfing that I know bout. 

Hoping you are able to make it next year. There is talk of a fall event. It will obviously be a non sanctioned free for all type deal. No particulars yet, but targeting college football season. I will keep you abreast of any developments in the case you are able to attend. 
  • Focker
    Options

RRP said:
    Focker said:
    I have no idea how it happened. I was off doing some things in the store and came back and saw the carnage. WTF! After a little detective work I learned I was Cody’d! Plenty of beverages flowing, but no barfing that I know bout. 

Hoping you are able to make it next year. There is talk of a fall event. It will obviously be a non sanctioned free for all type deal. No particulars yet, but targeting college football season. I will keep you abreast of any developments in the case you are able to attend. 
    "Cody'd" lol
    I tried to talk him into participating here on the forum.  No dice.
    He would be a great huahua watcher.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Focker said:

RRP said:
    Focker said:

"Cody'd" lol
    What is a "huahua"?
    Options
    Focker said:

RRP said:
    Focker said:

"Cody'd" lol
    What is a "huahua"?
    Not sure, but here's Hua Hua and Zhong Zhong:

https://youtu.be/gFJkPWTl2PA

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker