Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Egghead Rub and Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    dsrguns said:
    jabam said:
    Bump...
    Purchase a good chunk of my elfin today. Got a few more items to pick up. 
    I did as well. Figure I'd wait until the names are exchanged to see what is on the recipients wish list for the finishing touches. I've already overshot the $35..That doesn't go very far IMO.
    This!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    35 bucks doesnt buy a whole lot. I got a bunch of rubs and sauces all made within an hour from me on Saturday. Once i get a few questions answered ill finish it up!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    35 bucks doesnt buy a whole lot. I got a bunch of rubs and sauces all made within an hour from me on Saturday. Once i get a few questions answered ill finish it up!
    @milesvdustin
    for sure! A bottle of rub is easily 7-$10, sauce is pretty similar

Signup rate has dropped off. I'll keep an eye on it, and if no one else is signing up in the next few days, we can do the draw a little ahead of schedule to give everyone more time for shopping and shipping.  We've got over 30 folks in the main exchange and another half dozen in the Noob - should be fun!!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I ‘ve been collecting a few things for the last few weeks. I will hold off on half of it until I see who I am packing the box for. No Egging for me this week, I am at my folks rehabbing one of the rental houses. I did do half a turkey with Honey Hog Hot and a chunk of pecan to bring with me.  Then tonight I did a zucchini casserole.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I’m in. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    gmac said:
    I’m in. 
    Somebody better start shopping for some Dukes Mayo! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    I’m in. 
    Somebody better start shopping for some Dukes Mayo! 
    That’s why I do this
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    Draws are later this week?  I’m on vacation.  Gonna be a mad dash to get it out in time. Maybe I’ll grab some Carolina flavor while I’m here to add to my local stuff. The wife will never know!!!!
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    Looking forward to it. Bought some stuff yesterday. Def going to finish up with more rubs or “lighter” items. I can see shipping costs adding up pretty quick with various sauces. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I'm in.  Can't wait.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Looking forward to it. Bought some stuff yesterday. Def going to finish up with more rubs or “lighter” items. I can see shipping costs adding up pretty quick with various sauces. 
    USPS Medium or large Flat rate box.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,346
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    USPS Medium or large Flat rate box.
    That's what I do every year.  Makes it quick, easy, and affordable. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    I know Im probably going to answer my own question but figured I would ask. Im a knob but have over 250 post. I have never done this exchange before but would like to; which leads to my questions:
    1. sign up as nob or not
    2. I live in LI no local big BBQ sauce or rub that I know of, but have my favorites from elsewhere
    3. I won't be able to get the box out till end of next week I know you were thinking of wrapping it up early and I dont want to interfere with that plan.
    4. I love this forum, does that make me weird?
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    =) What a knob!

Little Rock, AR

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @mlc2013 we may need to do a special exchange for you. 

Let me drop a line to @northGAcock. You might get hosed on the newbie panicked by shipping cost but I’m sure there are some fantastic culinary treasures you could share with the group. 

Maybe we can do a separate group exchange with you. We can pack some stuff up as a group from the states and you can send us some products mostly intangible in America. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mlc2013
    Options
    In down for whatever is the best for all. Just let me know what when and where
    Long Island NY    
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’m in. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    I know Im probably going to answer my own question but figured I would ask. Im a knob but have over 250 post. I have never done this exchange before but would like to; which leads to my questions:
    1. sign up as nob or not
    2. I live in LI no local big BBQ sauce or rub that I know of, but have my favorites from elsewhere
    3. I won't be able to get the box out till end of next week I know you were thinking of wrapping it up early and I dont want to interfere with that plan.
    @mlc2013 you are eligible for the regular exchange. you're free to sign up for the noob exchange if you want, instead -- i did, myself, just to add another person to the mix.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    blind99 said:
    mlc2013 said:
    1. sign up as nob or not
    @mlc2013 you are eligible for the regular exchange. you're free to sign up for the noob exchange if you want, instead -- i did, myself, just to add another person to the mix.

Wherever I’m needed is where I’ll go just let me know I’ll most likely register later today when I’m back in the office 
    Long Island NY    
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @mlc2013 we may need to do a special exchange for you. 

Let me drop a line to @northGAcock. You might get hosed on the newbie panicked by shipping cost but I’m sure there are some fantastic culinary treasures you could share with the group. 

Maybe we can do a separate group exchange with you. We can pack some stuff up as a group from the states and you can send us some products mostly intangible in America. 
    This is @blind99 s exchange. I will help him if and how if needed but not a decision maker in this years event. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @northGAcock @blind99 my bad. At some point I thought I read that y’all partnered up to CO-OP this thing. 

All this prednisone has left me with too many sleepless nights. I may need a nap. 

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    @northGAcock @blind99 my bad. At some point I thought I read that y’all partnered up to CO-OP this thing. 

All this prednisone has left me with too many sleepless nights. I may need a nap. 
    I helped last year with some of the back end draw components....and i am available to help again this year. Not running point however. 

• mlc2013
    Options
     Can one register twice? I’ll do a newbie and a veteran exchange, if that’s allowed?  Why dip your toe in one pool when you can dip it in two. 
    Long Island NY    
  • northGAcock
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
     Can one register twice? I’ll do a newbie and a veteran exchange, if that’s allowed?  Why dip your toe in one pool when you can dip it in two. 
    #Overachiever.

• mlc2013
    Options
     Not quite over achieving as a brilliant plan. I figure shipping and handling plus my time to and from the grocery store and the inter-web to buy salt and pepper and then the price of the bubble wrap to wrap salt pepper and I should make out like a bandit. I’ll send out two boxes with the total value of merchandise of $1.50 + $3.50 in packaging material $10 in my time to  and from the store and $20 Fee miscellaneous (beers for me to consume  while I package the salt and pepper) I stand to make out like a bandit as long as I get two good boxes in return I’m sure I’ll never be invited back to this exchange but hey look at all the goodies I’ll have and crap you’ll get.
     Now the only problem you guys are going to have is deciding whether or not this is a joke or am I just a clever ****????

Decisions decisions I’m glad I’m not in your shoes!!!
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Looks like my shopping is done and I didnt even register yet
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Im now registered for both the nob and not nob lets see where this ride takes me.

Long Island NY    
  • blind99
    Options

Behind most major events is an inspirational figure, just out of sight, in the shadows.  Pulls the strings, so to speak.  Or, in our case, makes us bloody marys.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    blind99 said:

Behind most major events is an inspirational figure, just out of sight, in the shadows.  Pulls the strings, so to speak.  Or, in our case, makes us bloody marys.
    Too funny. 

• mlc2013
    Options
    Another question in the instructions it say new and sealed containers only, how firm is that? I don't want to give any used spices or anything but I have a rub I make that I would like to share but I don't have the ability to seal it but can bottle or package it. Let me know.
    Long Island NY