Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Brisket

Options
Saturday morning I'm drinking my coffee, to sober up a little, and was surfing on the ole web and landed on Costco's website. On the front page it said free 2 hour delivery on certain foods for that day. So I ordered a Prime Brisket and 2 hours later it was on my doorstep, actually 2.5 later. The beef was 9.5 LBS and sure I'd rather be there to actually pick others up and decide but what the hell I just had a prime brought to me. So around evening time and after some more drinks, I fired up the egg to around 240ish (dont use a controller) and I threw it on. Friends were still over so we were still carrying on for a while. 

Woke up Sunday morning and totally forgot I had something cooking until I walked out to the patio to start cleaning up the wine bottles. As usual for an egg it was holding around 250 and after around 15 hours or so it came off and FTC for a bit. I forgot to get picks of it sliced up but to be honest I think the flat was a little dry and maybe thats because of the size of the brisket itself. The point was spot on and we devoured that. I think next time I'll go and handle the meat myself before buying.
O-Town, FL

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Way to bring it home.  Great bark on the protein.  
    And regarding "handling meat," TWSS.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lou is right as always. Beautiful piece of goodness right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I wish I woke up after a bender to find a brisket on my egg.  Nice job.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That’s a great example of how cool the BGE can be - and a great painless cook. Well done. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon