Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

College Baseball.....big weekend of Super Regionals to determine who plays in the CWS......

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
Maybe not a big following here on the board or even nationally, but would like to say that the greatest show on dirt is a lot of fun to watch.  The match ups have my boys traveling to Arkansas for a best of three...I know we have some fine folks on here that hail from and that state....and fans of The Hogs. In this series alone, there are 21 draftees on the field between the two teams. (11 from Arkansas, 10 from SC)

If you follow along....you will find some great baseball to be played.....and a carry over into the summer of college sports. All games covered by ESPN.......Who's your team and how you feeling about it?

Starting Fridays Suppers
NC vs Steson
CS Fullerton vs Washington
Oregon State vs Minnesota
Vandy vs Mississippi

Getting started on Saturday
Florida vs Auburn
Texas Tech vs Duke
Arkansas vs South Carolina (Go Cocks!)
Texas vs Tenn Tech

Not sure we got the gas to get to the World Series....but one of my favorite times of the year....and why the play the games.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Should be a great matchup. Hogs usually kick ass at baum but sc beat us once there this year already. Crowd will be around 10,000. Oughta be great baseball weekend. 

Little Rock, AR

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    My favorite time of baseball season. My boys were a bit of a disappointment this yr, but they should come on in the next couple even without the #2 overall pick behind the dish.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’ll be watching the two Texas teams, have paid an awful lot of tuition to both over the years.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Since my teams is not in it, I gotta go with Duke!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    I know I might be a minority here, but my family bleeds orange and black.  I was able to take the little man to 13 games this year.  Sometimes with is uncle, sometimes with momma.  

Go Beavs.
    Love it! What a cute little rascal that is. Good luck this weekend. Corvallis correct?

• northGAcock

jabam said:
    Since my teams is not in it, I gotta go with Duke!
    You on the wrong side of the country brother! Good luck!

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Always a fun time to be a Gamecock!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I wont watch a game but I will follow the results - well maybe if they go all the way.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    My wife went to Ole Miss, so why not?
    NOLA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Go Heels !
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Its the only major sport we don’t suck ass in so I have to enjoy it all I can. 

Little Rock, AR

• northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    Its the only major sport we don’t suck ass in so I have to enjoy it all I can. 
    I wish you hard fought great games .....but wish you no luck.  ;)

• BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301
    I know I might be a minority here, but my family bleeds orange and black.  I was able to take the little man to 13 games this year.  Sometimes with is uncle, sometimes with momma.  

Go Beavs.
    Love it! What a cute little rascal that is. Good luck this weekend. Corvallis correct?
    Yep. Hosting is a big deal when it comes to the post season. Gets tough with competition this time of year. We’ll take any advantage we can get. 
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018

Go Beavs.
    Yep. Hosting is a big deal when it comes to the post season. Gets tough with competition this time of year. We’ll take any advantage we can get. 
    Jumping on them early I see.

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Easy for me. I'll be pulling for Florida! And @northGAcock why is the SEC matched up against each other? Have drifted away from baseball through the years but will be peaking in some this weekend...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • They set it up so there was no way it would be an all SEC college world series. 

Little Rock, AR

• northGAcock
    Easy for me. I'll be pulling for Florida! And @northGAcock why is the SEC matched up against each other? Have drifted away from baseball through the years but will be peaking in some this weekend...
    Great question. The SEC had 10 teams make the tournament this year. The ten teams were spread across the 16 regionals. Six of the 10 teams advanced (won their regional) to the Super Regionals. Interestingly, they are paired against each other in the Supers. So.....they (SEC) are guaranteed to have 3 teams in the CWS this year. No more, no less. After the Supers, I believe (though I could be wrong), they re-seed the 8 teams. One would assume they will not have all three on the same side as they have two groups of 4 play double elimination. The winners then play a best of three for the National Championship. Assuming they don’t put all three on the same side, it would be possiable for there to be a all SEC National Championship. When you get to the final 8....there is really a possibility that any one of them could win it all. 

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Great question. The SEC had 10 teams make the tournament this year. The ten teams were spread across the 16 regionals. Six of the 10 teams advanced (won their regional) to the Super Regionals. Interestingly, they are paired against each other in the Supers. So.....they (SEC) are guaranteed to have 3 teams in the CWS this year. No more, no less. After the Supers, I believe (though I could be wrong), they re-seed the 8 teams. One would assume they will not have all three on the same side as they have two groups of 4 play double elimination. The winners then play a best of three for the National Championship. Assuming they don’t put all three on the same side, it would be possiable for there to be a all SEC National Championship. When you get to the final 8....there is really a possibility that any one of them could win it all. 
    Actually i'll be "peeking" instead of "peaking" lol Just noticed that. South Carolina was good to me a time or two a few years back with pretty good odds. Good luck to you this year!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Go Gators!

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • I’m supposed to be at the Vandy game but my buddy’s silly wife tricked him into letting her go. 

Beat by the kitty again. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I’m supposed to be at the Vandy game but my buddy’s silly wife tricked him into letting her go. 

Beat by the kitty again. 
    You’re welcome to come to Aiken and help build
    garage cabinets. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    tml1230 said:
    Go Gators!

I would disagree...but gonna be a good sport given your success last year and being the number one seed. =)

• Jeremiah said:
    garage cabinets. 
    @Jeremiah

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Jeremiah said:
    garage cabinets. 
    @Jeremiah

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    War Eagle!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • tml1230
    tml1230 said:
    Go Gators!

I would disagree...but gonna be a good sport given your success last year and being the number one seed. =)
    Since I consider us as brothers... I too have a medium and a minimax ( the MM - thanks to  pontificications from u!)  ...I am about to pull the trigger on a blacksto
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • tml1230
    Sorry for the fat fingers.. That's "black stone"... Now if I could talk u into an English bulldawg  pup we would be soulmates!
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • tml1230

BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Stetson is a program on the rise, but UNC took em out in two games.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95