Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple Egg Cooks

Options
I’m sure it’s been discussed several times......  New thread on your favorite use for a second egg, or hell even a third. I recently purchased a second large and love looking in the backyard to see not one but two eggs sitting next to each other. 
2 Large Eggs    Oklahoma City,OK

Comments

• distanceman
    distanceman Posts: 138
    Options
    @SoCalSooner congrats on the purchase! I can only imagine the smile on your face. I love looking out my back window and seeing the Egg!
    Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Congrats!  Two larges are great.  It's nice to have options.

My second large has been the dedicated baker since 2010, after catching the pizza bug.  Added a small from the GA MTN Eggfest in 2012 for travel.  

I have kicked around adding a second small if one popped up on cl in the price range, since I have two tables. 

I have a small problem.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I think the Minimax should be part of any multi egg collection...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I have a Large and a Medium, and the combination is wonderful for me!  Usually it's just me and my wife, and the Medium is perfect for almost everything I cook.  But sometimes it's a little too small and the Large is great, and on rare occasions if we have a lot of family over I'll have both of them going at once.
  • SoCalSooner
    Options
    Yeah two larges works perfect for me and my family. Me and the wife plus 4 growing kiddos. I can see myself firing up both larges often. I really like the idea of a dedicated baker. Going to do some beef ribs and pork spares today. Another post and pics to come. Planning on baked potatoes and corn on baker egg and protein on the other. 
    2 Large Eggs    Oklahoma City,OK
  • Focker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sounds like a solid plan.

The large is a 13x9, pie, bundt, muffin, CI skillet, DO, side dish machine.  Don't forget dessert.  ;)

Looking forward to pics.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Nice score.  The flexibility of a second BGE really makes meal prep/cook much easier.  With two of the same size you can share accessories unless you need the same rig in both.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Focker said:
    I have a small problem.
    @Focker... Small??!!!  :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    I have a small problem.
    @Focker... Small??!!!  :rofl:

Hahaha, 4 are missing.
    Ok, maybe it's a bigger problem. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all @Focker !
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    @Focker you are bold to put them in a photo together like that. I don’t want my wife seeing me assemble my 27ish cookers together for evidence like that. I keep them tucked in sheds, garages, friends and relatives houses, and work. This way you can shuffle them around undetected. The ceramics stay home tho.  :)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have two XLs and a MBGE, last multiple cook was pizzas going on both XLs until we hit six.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys