Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg turned 11 today

Options
SkySaw
SkySaw Posts: 656
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
I'll never forget the day I first got my Egg. Eleven years ago there weren't many people around me who had one (still aren't, actually), and the only real ceramic grills in business were BGE and Primo. I was a bit nervous dropping that much money on a grill, when I had been using a Weber kettle for years pretty happily. So glad that I took the plunge!

I've used my Egg pretty consistently over the years, except for a brief period in 2010, when I made a transition away from meat. It took me a little while to figure out how to use the Egg regularly when you can't smoke a big chunk of something for 15 hours. Today I use it about as much as I ever have.

Tonight I figured I would celebrate by making something really easy, something I have never done before, and something that makes use of the knowledge from this forum, which I first joined around 2005 (or maybe 2006, when it was a different forum). So baked potatoes it is. 

Thought I would include a shot of me doing one of my first cooks on the Egg, with a photo repeat from today. Both the Egg and I are a little less colourful today, but at least I can replace the rusty nuts on the Egg, and shine up the Egg mates with some mineral oil. I'll have to get to that tomorrow.

Comments