Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Ace hardware coupon

Options
Kent8621
Kent8621 Posts: 843
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum

below is the link to an ace hardware coupon for 25% off a single item under $50 so a bag of rockwood should qualify. 

http://www.acehardware.com/graphics/coupon/June25OffCoupon.pdf

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

Comments

• jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    My local only has cowboy. :s

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    You should be able to order it online and have it delivered to your store for free.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I believe you can make them order it for you and have it shipped to the store.  that is more of a @stlcharcoal question.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    Haha. I’m an idiot and went last week to try Rockwood for the first time as I’ve heard good things. They had it mismarked and when the real price showed I backed out. I’m not fancy enough to spend that much on charcoal. While I’m sure it’s a bit better than my HD Royal Oak, I’m not sure it is almost triple the price worth for my family anyway. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Haha. I’m an idiot and went last week to try Rockwood for the first time as I’ve heard good things. They had it mismarked and when the real price showed I backed out. I’m not fancy enough to spend that much on charcoal. While I’m sure it’s a bit better than my HD Royal Oak, I’m not sure it is almost triple the price worth for my family anyway. 

It is for important cooks. I use RO for my daily cooks but when I'm cooking things I spent a lot of money on or groups of people its always Rockwood. Get a bag and then use it, then store it in an airtight container for important cooks. Trust us its worth every penny.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    jwc6160 said:

It is for important cooks. I use RO for my daily cooks but when I'm cooking things I spent a lot of money on or groups of people its always Rockwood. Get a bag and then use it, then store it in an airtight container for important cooks. Trust us its worth every penny.
    Thanks, I have been wanting to give it a shot. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    jwc6160 said:
    jwc6160 said:

Thanks, I have been wanting to give it a shot. 

Plus with this coupon that should make it about $20 bucks for a 20lb bag (STL always fills it a bit over too so its really probably 21 or 22lbs.) So that would only be double what your RO costs plus you are getting 7more lbs of lump over the 15lb RO bag.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Sign up for the rewards.....you'll rarely pay full price and rack up award gift cards as well.

Yes, any Ace can order it for you using sku 8400772.  Or you can order online from their website and have it shipped to the store of your choosing.  Sometimes it's cheaper in store than on the website too.
  • lowandslow
    lowandslow Posts: 122
    Options
    Awesome.. Thank you... I just bought two bags at full price this morning.  I guess I will have to go back and buy a 3rd!
    Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

XL Egg
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Thanks. I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for a bag of Rockwood. I was getting nervous last night as I’m down to 50lb of RW.  ACE coupons are the bomb. 
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    You should be able to order it online and have it delivered to your store for free.
    The coupon says it can't be used for special orders. Don't know what they consider a special order, but they might not take it if they have to ship it to the store.

You can check at acehardware.com and see if there are any other local stores that carry it
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I already used this today for RW. Thanks!
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    Options

The coupon says it can't be used for special orders. Don't know what they consider a special order, but they might not take it if they have to ship it to the store.

You can check at acehardware.com and see if there are any other local stores that carry it
    yeah.....my store doesn't carry it and if I order it, they won't take the coupon.
    Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    run53 said:

yeah.....my store doesn't carry it and if I order it, they won't take the coupon.
    That sucks.  :( 

Keep an eye out on the Ace website.  They have a lot of online coupon codes that pop up for the same kind of discount..... "x% off one item up to $50" and such.  
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    Options
    Thanks I just used the last bit of my Rockwood and need to purchase more.