Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear Tri-tip

Options
SSQUAL612
SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
Seasoned with John Henry’s Old Stockyard Steak Seasoning 250 pit temp for about an hour to IT 120 then rest for 15 while getting CI Griddle to 650.   Love the crust & juicy pink center.  Finally got around to using the Thermoworks BlueTherm Duo I gave myself for Christmas 2 years ago. 

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Damn that looks good! Love me some tri tip
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    jabam said:
    Damn that looks good! Love me some tri tip
    Thanks...bought the CI for the finish sear on steaks & wanted to try it out on a Tri Tip...worked great.  Used a charcoal ring from a WSM to keep coals tight & high so CI was over 650 when I seared. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Great result! Keep doin what yur doin!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Oh, MAN that look great!!!
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Oh, MAN that look great!!!
    Thanks Theophan...it was & with the short prep/cook time it’s something I’ll be doing more often.  I killed 1/2 of it in like 10 minutes just slicing & devouring. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Great cook and result.  Nothing but the best for the money shot-way to bring it home.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks perfect! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great cook and result.  Nothing but the best for the money shot-way to bring it home.  Congrats.  
    Thanks Frank...nothing like a long slow Brisket cook where you can enjoy a few adult beverages, but this is something you can crank out quick and not sacrifice flavor. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    What a beauty! Looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Tritip— I’ll be ordering one of those!! Looks fantastic!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!