Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RV Air Conditioner troubleshooting

GaBGE
GaBGE Posts: 556
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
Anyone know anything about RV AC unit? Arrived at the beach today with the 5th wheel camper in the middle of the afternoon, My wife turned the AC on with the thermostat down around 50F. It ran until we got back from super about 6 hours. It was cold in the camper so she turned the thermostat up. I just went back to turn thermostat down and all I hear is a clicking noise like a relay when I move the thermostat. Fan nor the compressor comes on. There was a few drops of water in the floor under the unit, I just though it was condensation since it’s so humid. Any chance the unit froze up from running so long? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
     Check your blower motor fuse, or the high pressure switch could be bad. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    We full timed for 10 years in a 5th wheel. If you have a Dometic A/C and controls, then remove the bottom trim where the filter installs. There should be 4 screws. Look up where the fins are and you should see a sensor clipped to them. It should be about 5 inches from the top. If too low, it will put water on the floor and the compressor will be over worked. 

Also, remove power from your rig and then plug back in but when you do, make sure everything is off, including your A/C units. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Iced up.. low Freon?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Thanks for for all the help. It must have been froze up from running 6+ hours without cycling off. Left it off all night and it’s working this morning.