Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rolling Yeti

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
looks like it should be out this year.

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I bet they’ll want $700 for it 
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
    Pretty sweet. When will the “scumbag” version be out?
  • Lit
    Options
    I bet they’ll want $700 for it 
    Or more. I got an email recently they are discontinuing their 50 model which is stupid it’s my favorite cooler.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Those wheels look suspect. For the price of a Yeti it better have casters. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    A couple years ago I was shopping good coolers hard, mainly between Yeti, RTIC, and Pelican.  This was primarily for a beach trip but was wanting a better cooler for home use as well.  I really liked the wheeled option that Pelican had, and so I wound up getting this 45 QT Pelican.  It has been a terrific cooler and the wheels will actually roll in sand.  Hard to tell from the above screen shot but those wheels don't look as good as the ones on my Pelican.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out and at what price point.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited May 2018
    Options
    How much beer you taking to the beach that you need wheels to haul it across sand?  =)  I use one of those smaller RTIC coolers with a shoulder strap for beach drinking. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Options
    Ha, it was a lot of beer!  Plus other drinks.  It should be noted my family beach trip includes me, my wife, our 4 kids, my mother-in-law and brother-in-law.  So yeah it's a load of stuff.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    so the stole the wheel design frome coleman and yet did not steel the drink holder idea built into the coleman cover =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    so the stole the wheel design frome coleman and yet did not steel the drink holder idea built into the coleman cover =)
    I hear you.
    But I hate having cup holders in the lid. Just holds dirt and water and makes it less usable as a seat or cutting board.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.
    But I hate having cup holders in the lid. Just holds dirt and water and makes it less usable as a seat or cutting board.
    i spill more tonic on the boat than you could count on windy days but wouldnt want them on the cooler either
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

I hear RTIC has a fully contoured seat in development.  No word yet on the wheels.

I’d be interested in seeing the women’s version 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

I hear RTIC has a fully contoured seat in development.  No word yet on the wheels.

I went searching for pics that I could use for that and learned two things. 
    1. I will most likely get banned if I use any of those pictures. 
    2. I need to clear my search history. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Lit
    Options
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

Sybian?
  • DoubleEgger
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lit said:
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

Sybian?
    I’m down with seeing that. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I like the aftermarket Sherpa wheels. Not cheap though. 

https://sherpawheels.com/collections/all

FAT CADT LA

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Lit said:
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

Sybian?
    Dammit. Now I have to clear my search history AGAIN!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Lit said:
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

Sybian?
    Dammit. Now I have to clear my search history AGAIN!
    Pro tip: when googling random phrases you find here use a private/incognito window.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    I like the aftermarket Sherpa wheels. Not cheap though. 

https://sherpawheels.com/collections/all

FAT CADT LA

Or you can buy this from Academy for a quarter of the price of that Sherpa. 
  • JustOneOfTheGuys
    Options
    blasting said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I hear you.

You made my afternoon.. laughed my, er, seat off.

Southwestern CT