Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repairing A Chip???

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
On the top (not the vent) of my mini (about the size of a quarter).  Any suggestions?  Thank you!!~~

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Is it a shallow blemish meaning the green glaze popped off? Most dealers worth their salt should have some touch up paint the right color to conceal. If your dealer doesn't then you can buy a small bottle of acrylic which should work.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    RRP said:
    Is it a shallow blemish meaning the green glaze popped off? Most dealers worth their salt should have some touch up paint the right color to conceal. If your dealer doesn't then you can buy a small bottle of acrylic which should work.
    Thanks!  The chip is slightly deeper than 1/8"...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Then your best bet will be paint to match the color of the glaze which was fired on at a high temperature.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    I put all nickel-sized chip on my Large Egg when I tried to align the old bands on my Large Egg for the thousandth time.

Contacted The Mothership and they sent out a small touch-up bottle at no charge.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.