Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Blackstone for my birthday!

Options
dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
My lovely wife bought me a 17 inch Tabletop model that I have been drooling over. My only concern is the marks on the front and the grease trap door is leaning down. Also there are weld marks on the cook top and marks on side. Is this normal or should I exchange it?

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Yep, normal. Enjoy your griddle.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Yes what you mention describes my 17" as well. While many of our brethren here swear by their much larger ones I will bet your 17" will serve your needs as well as mine does mine! The only problem I have is due to my location in the woods. I have to clean mine while still hot and the grease trap as well. Otherwise the raccoons would attack it.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dstearn
    Options
    I am going to Target to exchange it for another one due to the defects on the front plate and the grease trap. 
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Same here. One comment I have is that I feel it doesn't go as low in temp that I had hoped. just slightly too hot at minimum setting. Not sure if this is adjustable or not. 
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    I hope you exchange it for the Blackstone you're dreaming of.  I have the 28" model and I like it a lot.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • dstearn
    Options
    I hope you exchange it for the Blackstone you're dreaming of.  I have the 28" model and I like it a lot.  

There is not a lot of room left on our deck and it fits nicely on my Challenger cart.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Sammi said:
    Same here. One comment I have is that I feel it doesn't go as low in temp that I had hoped. just slightly too hot at minimum setting. Not sure if this is adjustable or not. 
    What do you like to cook at lower temps? 
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    Sammi said:
    What do you like to cook at lower temps? 
    It's not that I cook at lower temps its just if I'm trying to hold something it tends to burn / stick. I can't seem to get a good seasoning layer on.
    Sudbury, Ontario