Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - 28” blackstone $140 shipped - amazon - swarm! SWARM!

Options
greetings friends,

Not the lowest it’s gone, and you can find a unicorn, but it’s $140ish shipped from amazon right now for the 28” 2 burner. I got one for my best friend up in Arlington for his birthday. He can always regift it to me..

Hope it helps someone..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009971BM6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526701458&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=blackstone&dpPl=1&dpID=41oyAIi2y3L&ref=plSrch

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    $131 now!
    I think I included my fascist NC tax... ;)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Options
    Thanks...just ordered one.=)
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I just paid almost that for 22"
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I want a new toy! Do these things store pretty well outside? I'm guessing that i would need a cover also??
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I want a new toy! Do these things store pretty well outside? I'm guessing that i would need a cover also??
    Yes they do. Get a stainless cover from @Tspud1. PM him for details.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Tspud1
    Options
    Got just what you need. Hope to have some smaller sizes soon
  • BobDanger
    Options
    Okay...now that I ordered the 28 am I gonna want a 36 next year or is this big enough to be satisfied?
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    BobDanger said:
    Okay...now that I ordered the 28 am I gonna want a 36 next year or is this big enough to be satisfied?
    The 28” is nice if you are going to take it places and you don’t have a truck. I have taken mine a lot of places and everyone is always impressed with the food.  Once I finish getting moved I am going to buy the 36” to keep out back permanently. It will be nice to have some more cook space. 
  • BobDanger
    Options
    That's sweet but...I want to come over to your place and go fishing.

Beautiful back yard.:)
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Mississippi river 
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    I cooked on a 36" last weekend. What a cool cooking surface for a group of 7 guys.  I had bacon, sausage, venison brats, mixed onion/pepper mix, Hasbrowns and Eggs done in short time.

The experience has me jonesing for one of these.  I noticed this 28" has the front grease gutter and trap.

Anyone have experience with that design?

The only ting that I found awkward in the 36" was the center rear areas trap.  It just seem awkward to drain grease to.  This 28" seems like the front gutter would be a positive method of drawing grease.

Any comments on the front grease path vs rear?
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Now that I’ve figured out how to
    keep grease from going everywhere the front trap is my preference. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    131 and change for the blackstone only... the starter pack with cover burger cover and tools 187.73.. look pretty good.
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • BobDanger
    Options
    Anyone know how many posts you have to have in order to start a thread?

I wanted to post my beef rib cook today but I cant start a thread.

Thanks.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • deadlyfrog
    deadlyfrog Posts: 92
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Anyone have the Blue Rhino that can share their thoughts?
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Those asking about the front grease trap.... it's a bad design.  Search function on this forum doesn't work well, but try Google. You'll need to mod the trap to make it not spill grease everywhere
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
    odie91 said:
    Those asking about the front grease trap.... it's a bad design.  Search function on this forum doesn't work well, but try Google. You'll need to mod the trap to make it not spill grease everywhere
    It’s an easy and cheap fix though
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2018
    Options
    odie91 said:
    I have the front trap design and unless I try to force a ton of grease down the trap I never have any issues with it spilling over. I guess i just got a good one because I haven’t made any mods.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I really would like one of these but just got my 4th egg and my wife would kill me.
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    I really would like one of these but just got my 4th egg and my wife would kill me.
    No she won't, she will just make faces and mutter under her breath.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker